News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Well I never!

Started by Tank, April 16, 2021, 09:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

You can learn something new every day.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

This scared the shit out of the local cars!

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Now I know what I can try on Sunday morning.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

You'd have to be completely confident in your welds.  8)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bluenose

Quote from: Recusant on April 16, 2021, 07:31:53 PM

I suppose this both forms the sphere and pressure tests the vessel at the same time!   :rofl:
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Randy

Wow, that was an amazing demonstration. That sphere looks perfect. I wonder how they made it prior to hydroforming.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

hermes2015

Quote from: Randy on April 17, 2021, 03:50:16 AM
Wow, that was an amazing demonstration. That sphere looks perfect. I wonder how they made it prior to hydroforming.

It is a simple task, because any curved 3D object can be made from flat faces or facets. I see each sphere is welded up from, in this case, only 7 flat sheets of steel. I guess seven is optimum for the size of the explosive charge they are using and the thickness of the steel. Fewer faces would require bigger explosions. More faces would be overkill, as they would need lower charges, but more time and work to assemble.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Or stand a long way away behind a thick wall!

Tank

Quote from: Bluenose on April 17, 2021, 02:43:25 AM

I suppose this both forms the sphere and pressure tests the vessel at the same time!   :rofl:

Automatic QA!

billy rubin

what are they?

mooring buoys?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

hermes2015

I'm guessing LPG containers.
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Those are obviously the metal eggs of huge robots. These are commonly found in manufacturing plants robot breeding grounds and that is how we make more robots for industry. It is known. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 19, 2021, 12:32:15 AM
Those are obviously the metal eggs of huge robots. These are commonly found in manufacturing plants robot breeding grounds and that is how we make more robots for industry. It is known.

Or giant robot testicles?

Bad Penny II

I'm asking for a friend,

what is the point of it?

Does it make the subject stronger, or is it just cosmetic?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.