News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

HAF Photo Challenge: "Round"

Started by Recusant, March 28, 2021, 09:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

After a couple lateral passes, the choice of our next theme was made by Randy. His guidance: "Things that are round. This could be donuts, tires, a merry go round, a cog in a watch, whatever you desire." He's also given assurance that interpretation of the theme is to be given wide latitude. Items that are round in 3 dimensions (a ball, for instance) are legitimate subjects, and I'll add that the subject needn't be perfectly round, either.

Up to five images will be accepted from each member, and entries will be open for the next two to three weeks, depending on response. I'll provide ample warning before closing the entries. Please send them to me preferably via PM, or via the email address in my profile: recusantathaf |at| gmail.com. I try to acknowledge receipt of entries within a reasonable amount of time--if you haven't heard back in a day or so, please remind me.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Thank you for doing this, again, Recusant.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

:boaterhat: It is my pleasure, Magdalena, and thank you for bumping the thread.  ;)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Randy

I'm curious as to how creative or what may be found in pictures.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

The muse of inspiration just smiled on me: buns are round, so will I find some tasty buns to place before my lens.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 19, 2021, 04:25:42 AM
The muse of inspiration just smiled on me: buns are round, so will I find some tasty buns to place before my lens.

Would that muse of inspiration be pangs of hunger, Hermes?  :P

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 19, 2021, 05:28:50 AM

Probably a longing for bread, as not a single crumb has crossed my threshold for the last four weeks. It's part of my low carb eating plan. Since 12 March I've lost 4 kilos.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 19, 2021, 06:34:50 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 19, 2021, 05:28:50 AM

Probably a longing for bread, as not a single crumb has crossed my threshold for the last four weeks. It's part of my low carb eating plan. Since 12 March I've lost 4 kilos.

Wow, well done! :grin:

No one

hermes2015:
Since 12 March I've lost 4 kilos.

Pretty sure I found them.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: No one on April 19, 2021, 09:24:04 AM
hermes2015:
Since 12 March I've lost 4 kilos.

Pretty sure I found them.

You're welcome to them.
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

I'm still looking for some tasty buns.
― Charles Eames

No one