News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Senator Ted Cruz

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, February 18, 2021, 05:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Ted Cruz!
He's in the News!!!

While his constituents froze and went hungry, Ted thought it was time to get some sun in Cancun.  So there he went, probably to think deep thoughts about how to deal with pressing issues back home. Of course, he is a federal official, so he can't deal with a state problem.  But I'm sure this is not exactly a PR win for him.

Ted plays while the cold slays.

Ted's having fun in the Cancun sun.

Aid: Sir, the people have no heat.
Ted: Let them take Cancun vacations.

Tank

:rofl:

What's this I'm hearing about Texas ceding from the union?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on February 18, 2021, 08:02:37 PM

There is always talk about that.  It's bullshit.  We already lost that battle in the Civil War.

People don't think about things.  Us being a nation (assuming the US would allow it, which it won't) would mean that we would need passports to go to Louisiana to Mardi Gras, to Oklahoma to gamble, and to New Mexico to ski. 

Sandra Craft

I read that Cruz is already explaining that he was only accompanying the children and their mother to Cancun, after which he planned to immediately return.  As if, a) his wife weren't able to take kids to Cancun on her own, and b) anyone will believe his story.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on February 18, 2021, 08:02:37 PM

it cant secede, but there's a clause in the 1845 annexation treaty between the the united states and the republic of texas that allows it to split into up to four separate states:

QuoteNew States of convenient size not exceeding four in number, in addition to said State of Texas and having sufficient population, may, hereafter by the consent of said State, be formed out of the territory thereof, which shall be entitled to admission under the provisions of the Federal Constitution

the us constitution already allows new states to be formed by merging existcing ones or taking pieces of two or more states and combining them, but i  think texas having the option of generate six more senators is unique. but it requires the consent of both state and federal legislatures, so it won't be happening

there are people in teh borderlands between california and oregon who want to split off and create the state of jefferson.

https://www.stateofjefferson.com/

we're all mad here

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Sandra Craft on February 18, 2021, 08:51:33 PM
I read that Cruz is already explaining that he was only accompanying the children and their mother to Cancun, after which he planned to immediately return.  As if, a) his wife weren't able to take kids to Cancun on her own, and b) anyone will believe his story.

If his mouth is open, he's lying. One thing I agree with Trump on: he's Lyin' Ted.

Davin

Ted lied over and over again about the trip because each lie was revealed. And like any great father, he threw his kids under the bus to try to save face.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Tex Senator Ted Cruz booked a cruise to Cancun
Tex Senator Ted Cruz lit a fuse with his ruse
Soon to be
Ex-Senator Ted Cruz will kneel and pray to Q
But still lose
Ex-Senator Ted Cruz won't feel sand today 
Ex-Senator Ted Cruz won't feel warm sun rays
Won't be swarmed and pushed into the sea
Instead
He'll be forced to stay for infinity
Until he's dead, at least  ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 23, 2021, 04:16:49 PM
Soon to be
But still lose
Instead

You go, girl!  I can almost hear it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 23, 2021, 05:03:31 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 23, 2021, 04:16:49 PM
Soon to be
But still lose
Instead

You go, girl!  I can almost hear it.

:grin:

Seriously though, Ted Cruz seems like a vermin-grade politician.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

^ Don't bet your lunch money that Cruz will be turned away on election day.  He has a gazillion supporters who have their feeble minds made up.   Same as the Trumpists who have no intention of turning away from their earthly god symbol. 

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on February 24, 2021, 01:54:13 AM
^ Don't bet your lunch money that Cruz will be turned away on election day.  He has a gazillion supporters who have their feeble minds made up.   Same as the Trumpists who have no intention of turning away from their earthly god symbol.

'tis true, and more's the pity. One ray of hope is that even Texas is slowly turning (politically) blue. Our day is coming, albeit slowly.

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on February 24, 2021, 01:54:13 AM
What gets me about all this is that evangelicals have replaced their god with people like Trump and Cruz. I think that's some sort of sin. I know, they think Trump is the second coming of Christ and Cruz is his right hand angel.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg