News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

It's Sunday. What are you going to do today?

Started by Tank, February 14, 2021, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 04, 2021, 08:17:04 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 04, 2021, 09:31:41 AM
Not a lot today. I appear to have strained something in my left knee. :(

Damn that sucks  :o

It seems to be pretty much Ok now (famous last words).
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

its easter so i started out hauling sand. i was tired from yesterday as i worked about 19 hours, so i got a bit of sleep and started late at 0700. delivered two loads and loaded a third and then the brakes on my trailer locked up. couldnt free them, and so now im waitng for the mechanic to come tomorrow morning.

in the meantime, i'm parked in a truck stop celebrating sunday by not making any money and trying to charge my phone

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

The one son and I ran power lines for the sprinkler valves into the attic. Partially run; still need to run about 15 feet and connect them. The son completed the sprinkler feed lines from the valves to the "garden", and from the supply line to the valves. I say "garden" because it seems more like a buffet for the local rats and raccoons.   >:(

Icarus

Nice guy that I am, I was at least moderately irritated by the goings on at the church across my street.  This church is one of the Hillsong types.  They cater to the younger set and have a propensity to make a lot of noise and create a carnival like atmosphere for the congregants.  Yesterday..Easter egg day, there were all manner of large and expensive carnival type rides and slides and such, deposited on the church grounds.  The children of the congregants had a high old time and of course found Easter eggs all over the area.

The part that really irritates me is the god damned drums that are apparently part of every assembly of the church goers. What Jungle drums have to do with Jesus escapes me. On a good day there are only a hundred or so cars in the parking lots.  On a Hooray day, like that leading up to Easter, there are many hundreds.  So many that the police are needed to control the huge number of cars that come and go.

The Hillsong Loony Tune outfit has an Aussie origination.  Dammit Blue you let them escape to North America.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Possibly refine the wiring in the attic. I can't find wire nuts big enough to connect all the wires. It's not a matter of too many, the supply wire is #1 cable and the fed wires are 14 gauge, but there are five of them and they just don't all fit. I'm looking at 2 10A draws, so the wire sizes are correct. I bought some bus bar to do the connections instead. I'll have to build out a J-box to hold them. Crawling around in the attic really sucks! I have to walk in the joists, which are 1-1/2" wide, which is killing my poor tired feet. Next time, I hire an electrician. :smilenod:

Tom62

Today we will get a new cat. A beautiful female Main Coon kitty, called Zelda. She will keep Randy and Ricky, our two male Coonies, in check.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on April 11, 2021, 06:35:17 AM
Today we will get a new cat. A beautiful female Main Coon kitty, called Zelda. She will keep Randy and Ricky, our two male Coonies, in check.

I take it they've all been doctored?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

jumbojak

I'm doing the same thing I do every Sunday. Going to work... *Sigh*

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

DL for crawling around the attic, use two pieces of plywood.   About 18 inches wide by 36"  or  54" long depending on the spacing of the rafters.  Works for me when, or if, I am forced into that miserably uncomfortable space.  My roof has a 5 on 12 pitch and head bumps are a possibility.

Dark Lightning

Icarus, it's engineered trusses on 24" centers, and the wiring ("romex" or its equivalent) runs on top of them, all over the place. I guess that was code back in the day. At least the inspector didn't flag it when we were buying this place. There is no clear space for more than maybe both feet on one truss at a time.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on April 11, 2021, 06:35:17 AM

Pics, please! ;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 11, 2021, 02:33:57 PM
I'm doing the same thing I do every Sunday. Going to work... *Sigh*

Sunday no fun day?  :-\

billy rubin

today i hauled 200,000 pounds of sand from the rail yard to the well pad.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."