News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

It's Sunday. What are you going to do today?

Started by Tank, February 14, 2021, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

The MO goes way back. Let's see if this link works like I think-

Eejit from way back

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 22, 2023, 03:58:21 PMThe MO goes way back. Let's see if this link works like I think-

Eejit from way back

The link worked. Not pleasant.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Dark Lightning

Makes for no less a preaching uhh, we're supposed to be happy here.  ;D

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

I see no reply from PJ. Have I/we driven him away?  So be it, we were not likely to save him from his delusions.

PJ has obviously been brainwashed by the preachers who influence his life as well as the society that he lives in. Bible Belt,likely.

I actually feel some compassion for the victims of those persuasive preachers. I gotta give those hucksters credit, they are good at what they do.

Asmodean

I agree, and yet it does not take a genius to realise that quoting someone else saying "it is proven" does not for a proof - or a good argument - make. That does seem to be one of the cornerstones of the Christian ""apologetics"" ""debate"" though.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on August 24, 2023, 06:03:41 AMI see no reply from PJ. Have I/we driven him away?  So be it, we were not likely to save him from his delusions.

PJ has obviously been brainwashed by the preachers who influence his life as well as the society that he lives in. Bible Belt,likely.

I actually feel some compassion for the victims of those persuasive preachers. I gotta give those hucksters credit, they are good at what they do.

PJ is at the start of 30 days off. When he comes back, and he will, and preaches again, and he will, he will get a perma ban. This I prophesies. 
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Icarus

When he comes back let me hammer educate him with some information about the origins and history of his good book. Almost none of the brain washed, ultra religious, have any idea about the  reliability of the book that they so innocetly believe is the absolute word of God.

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Anne D.

Not quite Sunday yet, but I'm going to the MN State Fair once it is. Excited to see the animals and arts & crafts. And eat and drink delicious things and ride some rides. I'm a child.  :)

billy rubin

state fairs are great

pet the pigs

i stay away from the midway

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

I woke up early this Sunday morning, so decided to put together a mobile work surface I need when I start making my concrete bird feeder sculpture. I had the components lying around from previous projects, so the assembly didn't take too long. On it is the 500mm diameter aluminium tray that will hold the plates of bird food. It needs some cleaning up, but is essentially ready for use in the sculpture. I am about 80% happy with it, but have decided to rather start on the body of the sculpture first before trying again to make a better tray.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Tank