News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

It's Sunday. What are you going to do today?

Started by Tank, February 14, 2021, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

the problem wiyh unsupervised horses here is that while they w
ill take you directly home, they run the stop signs .

so you can be busted for driving a buggy drunk.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on August 10, 2023, 07:43:47 PMthe problem wiyh unsupervised horses here is that while they w

LOL. I wonder how many times that has happened?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MarcusA

This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on August 11, 2023, 04:06:03 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on August 10, 2023, 07:43:47 PMthe problem wiyh unsupervised horses here is that while they w

LOL. I wonder how many times that has happened?

lots.

there are various horse and buggy people pushing various envelopes aroynd here

kids are kids everywhere

Prycejosh1987

I believe each day has value and should be spent honouring the one who can sustain and support us. I go to church to make a prayer for the blessing of the week.

billy rubin

Quote from: Prycejosh1987 on August 20, 2023, 09:41:03 AMI believe each day has value and should be spent honouring the one who can sustain and support us. I go to church to make a prayer for the blessing of the week.

do you ask and answer questions, prycejosh?

id like to know up front.

Tank

Quote from: Prycejosh1987 on August 20, 2023, 09:41:03 AMI believe each day has value and should be spent honouring the one who can sustain and support us. I go to church to make a prayer for the blessing of the week.

More preaching. If you carry on like this you'll soon get the heave ho. But you know that anyway and couldn't give a shit.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tom62

Just got back from our small vacation in the Netherlands and Bavaria. On Tuesday we drove off at 7:00 (AM) in order to avoid some of the major traffic congestions around Cologne on the A3. The Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia is notoriously known of not been able to deal with traffic jams for many years. We got stuck in three of them, thankfully only loosing 40 minutes. Just before crossing the German-Dutch border we tanked our car full with petrol because the petrol prices in the Netherlands are 20 cents/per litre more expensive (a little bit less than 9$ per gallon). No traffic problems in the Netherlands so we reached our favourite Indonesian restaurant "Spandershoeve" in Hilversum at noon for a bite. The meal was absolutely fantastic. From there we drove on to our hotel in Hillegom. My wife took some rest why I walked 2km into town to checkout the local thrift shop for cheap DVDs (bought 8 for 10 EUR) and to shop for drinks and food.

Next day we had breakfast in the hotel before driving off to Spa Sereen. This excellent adults only spa includes several sauna's, whirlpools, steam baths etc. I was a bit nervous, because Spa Sereen is a textile-free spa and it was the first time after my OP to walk around completely naked. The only thing I should have been really more nervous about was the merciless sun shining on my white body. At the end of the day I was as red as a lobster. At 15:30 we decided to call it a day and headed to pay my sick friend, in the hospice, a visit. We left after two hours because my friend became very tired. We said our farewells; bought along the way some ice cream and went to the family reunion, which was held in a authentic Brazilian restaurant (BARRACA Rodizio Grill & Bar in Hoofddorp). It was nice to see my brothers and their wives again as well as my niece and her boyfriend. We had some nice talks and were served loads of excellent meat and side dishes.   

On Thursday we headed back to our home; on Friday we drove off again. This time to go to Bad Staffelberg in Bavaria. My wife booked a pension there because on Saturday she had a book binding course nearby. Bad Staffelberg is known to have one of the five best spas in Germany. So in the afternoon we went there to relax. It was really really great. Next day my wife went to her course an I went for a walk on the Staffelberg (+/- 30 minutes up the hill). I was rewarded with a wonderful view and a great beer in the beer garden. in then evening my wife and I had a wonderful Bavarian meal(high carb, huge portions for very low prices) in the nearby village. We drove back today; had some technical difficulties with the car (i-Stop error message, due to an empty battery?) but still managed to drive on to pickup our two cats at the cat pension and to arrive safely home. 
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dark Lightning

Looks like you had a good trip! Getting to see your friend also had to be a nice part of it. Too bad he's so far away.

Here in southern California we're experiencing tropical storm Hilary. Where I'm at, the rain is gentle so far. We're in an "outlying" band with low probability of flooding..

hermes2015

Your trip sounds good. Such a pity you had to see your friend under those circumstances.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

Quote from: billy rubin on August 20, 2023, 12:01:00 PM

do you ask and answer questions, prycejosh?

id like to know up front.

prycejosh, you are apparently one of those religious apologists who can speak, but is incapable of listening or carrying on a conversation.

are you afraid of serious engagement, or is this posting style just a compulsion?

i cant tell, and i predict that you will not last much longer here. of course, i could be wrong, but i dont think i am.

best wishes for you, wherever your journey takes you next.

Icarus

Open letter to PJ, please allow me to use that abbreviation. It is easier to spell than Prycejosh.

If you can persuade yourself to abandon the evangelist approach, you can learn a lot here with some very decent,caring,educated, articulate people who happen not to be religious. We do not have an axe to grind. We are not attack dogs who get our jollies from intimidating religious people. Not that we are timid. We do have the capacity for scathing attacks but we are usually above any such useless activity.

Observe that out Religion section is not used often. Hammering the faithful is not what moves us unless we are led into a situation that demands it.

Give the preaching a rest and try to learn something about people who have no need for your spiritual advice. Would it surprise you to learn that we have biblical scholars here?

Best wishes for your health, wealth, and happiness.

(P.S. you can have health, wealth,and happiness without any religion at all.)

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on August 22, 2023, 01:49:25 AMOpen letter to PJ, please allow me to use that abbreviation. It is easier to spell than Prycejosh.

If you can persuade yourself to abandon the evangelist approach, you can learn a lot here with some very decent,caring,educated, articulate people who happen not to be religious. We do not have an axe to grind. We are not attack dogs who get our jollies from intimidating religious people. Not that we are timid. We do have the capacity for scathing attacks but we are usually above any such useless activity.

Observe that out Religion section is not used often. Hammering the faithful is not what moves us unless we are led into a situation that demands it.

Give the preaching a rest and try to learn something about people who have no need for your spiritual advice. Would it surprise you to learn that we have biblical scholars here?

Best wishes for your health, wealth, and happiness.

(P.S. you can have health, wealth,and happiness without any religion at all.)

He appears to be one of those people of every persuasion that simply likes to hear the sound of their own voice.

billy rubin

is it possible he is a bot?

ie take a post and have the AI write a response.

i can see how that would be interesting to try.

i dont think he has ever responded to a direct comment or question

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on August 22, 2023, 01:21:48 PMis it possible he is a bot?

ie take a post and have the AI write a response.

i can see how that would be interesting to try.

i dont think he has ever responded to a direct comment or question

I don't recall that either.