News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

It's Sunday. What are you going to do today?

Started by Tank, February 14, 2021, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Quote from: Tank on July 02, 2023, 12:17:19 PMToday it the Austrian Gran Prix so I'm happy :)

Max is doing very well this season. We've also seen a comeback of Alonso.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Anne D.

Tank

Quote from: Anne D. on July 02, 2023, 05:13:09 PMNot mow the back lawn.

One side effect of the lack of rain has been to stop the lawns growing.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Icarus

Quote from: billy rubin on July 02, 2023, 12:16:18 PMtoday i test start the race bike

It's gonna start a lot easier because of the new ignition system.

Hold a fluorescent bulb near the plug wires. If the bulb glows, the damned wires may be leaking enough to cause some unwelcome difficulty.

billy rubin

i had to postpone the electronic ignition

where i wanted to put the battery turns out not to have room, and i didnt have an alternative in the avsilable time.

everything pn this machinr is packed in close to stay out of the wind. i wanted to put the battety under the carburetters, but even the tiny shorai lithium thing is too big. i can put it in a tail section behind my ass but then i have to install a new seat. the ognition module can go in front of the handlebars maybe. still on the future.

my two diode-equipped spark plug wires are US$150 each. i dont want to be replacing them if i can help it.

had a fright tho. today is the Last Day available to put things right. i got it all together and to my dismay it would not start. backfired tho so i knew it had fuel and ignition. took the magneto off and filed the points, then re-adjusted the valves. nothing different as near as i could tell, but when i tried again it fired right up. go figure.

nothing left to do now but install the drive chain and load up the trailer.

set the function, not the mechanism.

MarcusA

It's Sunday, and it's not funny without money.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Tank

Quote from: MarcusA on July 09, 2023, 08:40:48 AMIt's Sunday, and it's not funny without money.

Open a church and fleece a flock. It'll give you something to do and make you money.

Tank

It's the British Grand Prix today at Silverstone and it's almost certain to rain at some points during the race. It could be a classic!

No one

Breaking out the good china and those aged infant brains.

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2023, 10:37:02 AMIt's the British Grand Prix today at Silverstone and it's almost certain to rain at some points during the race. It could be a classic!

famous race course

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on July 09, 2023, 02:35:08 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2023, 10:37:02 AMIt's the British Grand Prix today at Silverstone and it's almost certain to rain at some points during the race. It could be a classic!

famous race course

An amazing race. No rain and only one safety car. Lando Norris (Mclaren) 2nd and Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) 3d so two Brits on the podium for the first time since 1999! Mclaren went in 18 points behind Alpine and finished 12 points ahead!

MarcusA

Sunday is only a hop and a step away but I will be skipping church again this Sunday.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Tank

Quote from: MarcusA on July 14, 2023, 06:55:10 AMSunday is only a hop and a step away but I will be skipping church again this Sunday.

No, no, no, no, no! You need to go and make random one line comments throughout the sermon. Please, please, please video this and post it on Youtube! Please :)

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Tank on July 14, 2023, 11:50:31 AM
Quote from: MarcusA on July 14, 2023, 06:55:10 AMSunday is only a hop and a step away but I will be skipping church again this Sunday.

No, no, no, no, no! You need to go and make random one line comments throughout the sermon. Please, please, please video this and post it on Youtube! Please :)

Yes
Yes, Yes!
My new shoe is rubbing on my heal, I might be developing a blister, why, why does God allow it?