Well, that was a pleasant surprise! (New Puppy News)

Started by xSilverPhinx, January 25, 2021, 09:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Last year before Joy was adopted I got in touch with a professional breeder of working line German Shepherds (slightly smaller, straight backed pedigree dogs) to acquire a male puppy. The litter was born in late November.

I would have gotten my new pup this weekend but because Joy is not yet fully recovered and will be shedding the virus for a long time still, he will only be arriving mid-March, after he's been fully vaccinated and had some time to develop a good immune response.

I paid quite a sum of money for this puppy, because I trust the breeder and know his dogs are of good, healthy stock. And having gone through tough times with my last German Shepherd's health problems I was willing to pay a lot more to lessen the risk of that happening again.

The pup would have to remain where he is until mid-March when I can pick him up but I don't have a lot of money to pay for housing expenses until then (the breeder also runs a dog hotel). Today, after the breeder became aware of my situation at home with Joy, he decided to let the pup remain with him for no extra charge besides basic needs such as food and the other vaccine shots. No extra charge!

I am greatly relieved and extremely grateful! He's won over a client for sure, for whenever I'll need to keep both dogs at his hotel.

By the end of the week he will have chosen a puppy for me based on my needs. I asked for photos and will be posting them! :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

Does the hotel provide one of those chocolate mints on the pillow?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on January 25, 2021, 09:20:30 PM

Of course it does, it's a 5 star hotel! :grin:

Dark Lightning

That's nice to see (about the dog, not the chocolate)!

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 25, 2021, 11:22:41 PM

It's faux chocolate, because chocolate is toxic to dogs.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 26, 2021, 02:47:15 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 25, 2021, 11:22:41 PM

It's faux chocolate, because chocolate is toxic to dogs.

Beat me too it! It'll be slice of roast chicken breast.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Oh, you meant the chocolate for Joy? I was talking about eating the chocolate mint myself! :grin: :P

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 26, 2021, 12:49:15 AM
That's nice to see (about the dog, not the chocolate)!

Isn't it? :tellmemore: I'm thinking about paying him some extra for his troubles anyway, even if he said it wasn't necessary.