News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

1000 post psrty for...

Started by Tank, January 01, 2021, 09:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on January 03, 2021, 06:24:19 PM
Quote from: Randy on January 03, 2021, 03:12:27 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 03, 2021, 07:45:04 AM
Quote from: Randy on January 02, 2021, 09:47:25 PM

I accept this... this... actually I don't know what this is but I accept it anyway with pride. I hope to be a shining example to others whom have yet to cross this milestone that if I can do it then I talk too much. I mean, if I can do it so can you.

Steps off soapbox.

:oooh-me!:

https://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=9750.0
What's with all the cutlery?

https://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3351.0
What are the User Ranks?

https://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=14281.0
HAF Cutlery
It doesn't look like The Magic Pudding is around anymore. I may have missed something though. :-\

His current incarnation is Bad Penny II :)

:secrets1: Before that it was Marvin...I think.  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on January 03, 2021, 07:33:01 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 03, 2021, 06:24:19 PM
Quote from: Randy on January 03, 2021, 03:12:27 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 03, 2021, 07:45:04 AM
Quote from: Randy on January 02, 2021, 09:47:25 PM

I accept this... this... actually I don't know what this is but I accept it anyway with pride. I hope to be a shining example to others whom have yet to cross this milestone that if I can do it then I talk too much. I mean, if I can do it so can you.

Steps off soapbox.

:oooh-me!:

https://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=9750.0
What's with all the cutlery?

https://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3351.0
What are the User Ranks?

https://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=14281.0
HAF Cutlery
It doesn't look like The Magic Pudding is around anymore. I may have missed something though. :-\

His current incarnation is Bad Penny II :)

:secrets1: Before that it was Marvin...I think.  :notsure:

Marvin is one incarnation, but I don't recall the order though.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

What do I tell Bad Penny II? Do I send him a private message?

I should go back and read through the threads about how all this got started. "Why cutlery" is what comes to mind.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

I made my own. Tank and Recusant helped with making the background invisible. I didn't know that they started out as only spoons. But they did evolve to other implements before I showed up in these parts, on Dave's coat tails, so to speak. We had met at another atheist site, but he was disgusted with the level of animosity he saw, and moved on from them. I still am a member of a couple others. One is sort of on the wane, and the one I left finally imploded when the host got tired of the viciousness. That sort of coalesced into another forum where that level of viciousness isn't tolerated.

Sandra Craft

Congratulations, Randy!   :daisies:  And blue pajamas with little bears on them are acceptable everywhere.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Randy

Thanks DL. I know how to make a background transparent in a .png which is a head start I suppose. I've got plenty of time on my hands just not the energy anymore to do much. I mostly read, visit the forum, and watch TV, oh and write e-mail.

I'll see what I can do with Photoshop and images of spoons. Maybe that's the way to go.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Randy

Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 04, 2021, 02:43:55 AM
Congratulations, Randy!   :daisies:  And blue pajamas with little bears on them are acceptable everywhere.
Thank you Sandy for your approval. I'm kind of surprised I still have these after all the years that have past. A year or two ago I bought more because I'm always in bed now but these with the bears still remain.

Recusant

Dang! Well done, Randy! I always enjoy reading your posts, and appreciate you spending time with us here. I'll just say what I usually say -- here's to the next 1,000!  :cheers:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Randy

Thanks Recusant! I'm already at 1025 messages so I'm on my way to the next milestone. I'll probably get there sometime in the late spring or early summer. I'm actually surprised I reached this. At least it keeps my typing skills up to par. :)

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on January 03, 2021, 10:45:51 PM

I should go back and read through the threads about how all this got started. "Why cutlery" is what comes to mind.

I think this is the short version:
Quote from: Amicale on April 12, 2012, 06:01:58 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 12, 2012, 05:31:38 AM
Hi, welcome to HAF.
Spoons - 1,000 posts
knife - 2,000
I don't know when Puddin came up with it, but it just kinda stuck as an haf thing. I really like it. <3

Spoons - because we stir up shit  ;D
Knives - because we cut through bad arguments.
Forks - because we eat up the camaraderie here.
Corkscrews - because we like winers, but not whiners.

See? It works!
:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Randy on January 04, 2021, 03:28:29 AM
Thanks DL. I know how to make a background transparent in a .png which is a head start I suppose. I've got plenty of time on my hands just not the energy anymore to do much. I mostly read, visit the forum, and watch TV, oh and write e-mail.

I'll see what I can do with Photoshop and images of spoons. Maybe that's the way to go.

You can do that or give me suggestions of a theme themes.
Anyone can suggest a theme, all I've got is IT guy.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dark Lightning

Randy

Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 04, 2021, 08:56:08 AM

How about something to do with coffee? That's another theme that comes to mind.

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on January 04, 2021, 04:17:56 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 04, 2021, 08:56:08 AM

How about something to do with coffee? That's another theme that comes to mind.
...Or beer.
Or comic books.
Or something with little bears on it.  :notsure: