News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Covid Vaccine

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 31, 2020, 01:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

I've been asked by various people in the medical field if I plan to take it when the time comes. I'm going to be one on the higher list due to my condition. I will of course. But I'll pass for someone that is more needy. I don't want that dreaded virus as it's potentially deadly and seems like a gruesome way to die.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Randy on February 20, 2021, 01:41:08 AM
I've been asked by various people in the medical field if I plan to take it when the time comes. I'm going to be one on the higher list due to my condition. I will of course. But I'll pass for someone that is more needy. I don't want that dreaded virus as it's potentially deadly and seems like a gruesome way to die.

My MiL is currently in hospice care. Soon to be 94 and basically a vegetable. :'( She got her first dose 15 days ago. Care homes have gotten a bad reputation for the elderly in their care dying from Covid. My wife and I are getting the vaccination only because there are going to be some injections left over. I'm not sure what it all means, in the long run.

Ecurb Noselrub

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bluenose

Well Italy has blocked the export of around 250,000 doses of the Astra/Zenicca vaccine to Australia supposedly due to new EU regulations.  This will not do anything for relations between EU and non-EU countries in the log term.  Neither will it really make any difference to Australia's vaccination programme as we are already rolling out the Pfizer vaccine and CSL has already started production of the Astra/Zennica vaccine which should be available by the end of the month at a rate of around 1,000,000 doses per week.  Australia's population is about 25 million and full vaccination (of all who want it) is expected to be achieved by the end of October.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Bluenose on March 05, 2021, 03:46:39 AM
Well Italy has blocked the export of around 250,000 doses of the Astra/Zenicca vaccine to Australia supposedly due to new EU regulations.  This will not do anything for relations between EU and non-EU countries in the log term.  Neither will it really make any difference to Australia's vaccination programme as we are already rolling out the Pfizer vaccine and CSL has already started production of the Astra/Zennica vaccine which should be available by the end of the month at a rate of around 1,000,000 doses per week.  Australia's population is about 25 million and full vaccination (of all who want it) is expected to be achieved by the end of October.

I was an ardent 'remainer' to stay in the EU. To honest now fuk'um.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tom62

I'm glad that they stopped the export

Quote from: Washington PostItaly has blocked the export to Australia of 250,000 AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine doses, amid a dispute with the drug manufacturer over delivery shortfalls inside the European Union. The decision to block the doses was because of "the lingering shortage of vaccines in the E.U. and in Italy, and the delays in the supply of AstraZeneca vaccines to the E.U. and Italy," among other reasons.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tom62 on March 05, 2021, 12:55:01 PM

I'm glad that they stopped the export

Quote from: Washington PostItaly has blocked the export to Australia of 250,000 AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine doses, amid a dispute with the drug manufacturer over delivery shortfalls inside the European Union. The decision to block the doses was because of "the lingering shortage of vaccines in the E.U. and in Italy, and the delays in the supply of AstraZeneca vaccines to the E.U. and Italy," among other reasons.

That's just wrong, what's wrong with your spin people?

This is how it should have been done, you tell 'em green.

Italy has blocked the export to Australia of 250,000 AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine doses as Australia is selfishly hoarding vaccines.
Italy will donate 250 doses of vaccine to the people of Kiribati who have suffered due to the hoarding of such greedy countries.

Yes, that is much better, you get to act in your own self interest while pretending to be virtuous.
Such a dire lack of spin, it makes me worry for the future of Europe.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Randy

I finally got vaccinated yesterday because I'm in a high risk category. My next vaccination will be in three weeks. I hear that is the one that makes one feel like they've got the flu for a day and then get better. Supposedly that is how one can tell it's working,
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on April 09, 2021, 02:40:33 PM
I finally got vaccinated yesterday because I'm in a high risk category. My next vaccination will be in three weeks. I hear that is the one that makes one feel like they've got the flu for a day and then get better. Supposedly that is how one can tell it's working,

Good news.

billy rubin

got my second one a week ago today.  two days of aching joints at both ends of the clavicle, of all places.

never had a reaction before to any vaccine beyond the usual stiffness and swelling from cholera cultures. i dont remember any reaction to typhoid or yellow fever.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on April 09, 2021, 08:10:26 PM
got my second one a week ago today.  two days of aching joints at both ends of the clavicle, of all places.

never had a reaction before to any vaccine beyond the usual stiffness and swelling from cholera cultures. i dont remember any reaction to typhoid or yellow fever.
I don't recall having a reaction to any vaccinations before although I don't remember most of them anymore. This one just hurt my arm for about two days and then quit. I hear the second one makes a person feel awful for a day.

Magdalena

I got my 1st shot today. For three hours now, I haven't stopped saying, "hmn! fuck! mother fucker! mother fuckers! fuck Trump!"

It's an uncomfortable pain.  :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on April 10, 2021, 05:09:05 AM
I got my 1st shot today. For three hours now, I haven't stopped saying, "hmn! fuck! mother fucker! mother fuckers! fuck Trump!"

It's an uncomfortable pain.  :(

There is comfortable pain? Who knew!

Dark Lightning

You're supposed to get autism, not Tourette's!  ;D