News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

what'ss for dinner?

Started by billy rubin, December 29, 2020, 10:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Change of plans. Hamburgers on the grill. I eat red meat about twice a month, but when I do it is usually steak, and maybe 4 ounces. If I have to only eat a little of something I enjoy, it's generally not going to be ground beef. Ah, well, today isn't that day. Looks like we have an English cucumber and a couple heads of romaine lettuce up for slaughter before they go bad. The wife went with me to the store, but managed to miss out on buying a tomato for the burgers. I'm not disappointed; I can't even eat them anyway. We bought buns, which I will also likely forgo.

Icarus

I too am indifferent about meat. I will eat it but not as often as friend wife seems to select for dinner.
I am big on vegetables, mostly raw salads for most of them. When not on a veggie kick, fruits and nuts are the go to choice.

My downfall is bread, staff of life some say.  I want French, Italian, Turkish types. American soft white bread has not been in my house for years. I cannot always find good crusty breads in the markets, so I bake my own.  Took me a while to learn some of the tricks about bread making. Bread baking is as much art as it is science. I understand some of the science but the art part, I have yet to perfect. 

MarcusA

Dinner is a frozen meal.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Dark Lightning

I bought some t-bone steaks at a local store today. They looked pretty good, and were reasonably priced. I bought mushrooms and asparagus at CostCo yesterday. Grilled the steaks, sauteed the mushrooms, and the wife cooked the asparagus. Best dinner in a while! Yummay!

MarcusA

What's for dinner? Sweet-fuck-all, probably.

MarcusA

What's up for dinner today? A couple of meat pies and dead horse, tomato sauce.

MarcusA

What's for dinner? British sausages made in Australia.

billy rubin

Quote from: Icarus on May 19, 2023, 04:28:13 AMI too am indifferent about meat. I will eat it but not as often as friend wife seems to select for dinner.
I am big on vegetables, mostly raw salads for most of them. When not on a veggie kick, fruits and nuts are the go to choice.

My downfall is bread, staff of life some say.  I want French, Italian, Turkish types. American soft white bread has not been in my house for years. I cannot always find good crusty breads in the markets, so I bake my own.  Took me a while to learn some of the tricks about bread making. Bread baking is as much art as it is science. I understand some of the science but the art part, I have yet to perfect. 

when i worked a tabe in the big city farmers market, there was an artisan bakery next door. they cosed at 5 but had to keep the shelves full or people would sto p buying the bread
so at the end of the day i would get one or two of those thirty dozen egg boxes full of fresh european french, sourdough, itaian,  and getman style breads. great stuff. i would take it to meeting the next day.

plus i would get the last pizzas from the other lace and either eat tjem or give tjem to the homeless people

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

MarcusA

What's for dinner is a fistful of dollars and nothing worth buying.

MarcusA

What's for dinner? Probably eggs in bread.

MarcusA

What's for dinner? Smokes and coffee.

MarcusA

Something will drop out of the sky, hopefully. haha

Anne D.

Chicken tinga that my husband made, + tortilla chips, sour cream, and pico de gallo. Yum.

Anne D.

Sweet corn on the cob with butter, salt, and pepper.

Dark Lightning

Main course today will be bacon-wrapped scallops. Will have to make some serious vegetation to counter that saturated fat overload. I'm thinking broccoli. Broccoli good!