Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What are you drinking now?

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 25, 2020, 03:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFightSong

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 11, 2022, 04:06:06 AM
Quote from: TheFightSong on February 11, 2022, 03:27:05 AM
More Americans have been enabled to be impulsively greedy consumers via alcohol while being groomed since childhood into becoming adult worker drones without leisure time for intellectual growth nor freethought to keep corrupt elites wealthier and more powerful than most people internationally. These worker drones allow these suggestive books to be taken away from school libraries. Because they are cowards to knowledge that offends their echo chambers and feelings. They use the rhetorical "think about the children" excuse to promote their echo chambers by keeping specific knowledge away from children. This is what keeps them weak intellectually. Unfortunately, America is known for anti-intellectualism, illiteracy, and low I.Q's because of corrupt elites dehumanizing working class Americans for profit and power since America became a country. So, not I am not surprised this controversy of suggestive books in school libraries exists in America. I say this as a creative writer who prefers freedom for thinking and writing rather than be an elite's dehumanized worker drone treated like disposable physical labor without much intellectual growth nor respect. I don't trust anyone who pretentiously tries to make children not know what adults do. Because ignorance is dangerous. It is what makes history repeat itself. People who actually care about improving our world do not make children ignorant. Because the path to hell is paved with good intentions. We would not be able to have our modern medicine, technologies, and other things used for letting people thrive if we blindly followed orders and traditions by keeping our children in the dark. Allowing children to be smarter by challenging them instead of letting misguided feelings and echo chambers keep their intellectual growth stagnated helped societies evolve.

I am going to drink a protein shake with banana and coconut in it.

I realize that it might be asking a lot, but could you maybe focus on answering one question at a time, and not going off on several tangents?

Off topic- do you post as "Proletarian Banner", elsewhere?
No to answer your question.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: TheFightSong on February 11, 2022, 04:30:25 AM
More Americans have been enabled to be impulsively greedy consumers via alcohol while being groomed since childhood into becoming adult worker drones without leisure time for intellectual growth nor freethought to keep corrupt elites wealthier and more powerful than most people internationally. These worker drones allow these suggestive books to be taken away from school libraries. Because they are cowards to knowledge that offends their echo chambers and feelings. They use the rhetorical "think about the children" excuse to promote their echo chambers by keeping specific knowledge away from children. This is what keeps them weak intellectually. Unfortunately, America is known for anti-intellectualism, illiteracy, and low I.Q's because of corrupt elites dehumanizing working class Americans for profit and power since America became a country. So, not I am not surprised this controversy of suggestive books in school libraries exists in America. I say this as a creative writer who prefers freedom for thinking and writing rather than be an elite's dehumanized worker drone treated like disposable physical labor without much intellectual growth nor respect. I don't trust anyone who pretentiously tries to make children not know what adults do. Because ignorance is dangerous. It is what makes history repeat itself. People who actually care about improving our world do not make children ignorant. Because the path to hell is paved with good intentions. We would not be able to have our modern medicine, technologies, and other things used for letting people thrive if we blindly followed orders and traditions by keeping our children in the dark. Allowing children to be smarter by challenging them instead of letting misguided feelings and echo chambers keep their intellectual growth stagnated helped societies evolve.

I realize that it might be asking a lot, but could you maybe focus on answering one question at a time, and not going off on several tangents?

I had TWO questions. I will reiterate the question you didn't answer. "Could you maybe focus on answering one question at a time, and not going off on several tangents?"

TheFightSong

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 11, 2022, 04:51:46 AM
Quote from: TheFightSong on February 11, 2022, 04:30:25 AM

I had TWO questions. I will reiterate the question you didn't answer. "Could you maybe focus on answering one question at a time, and not going off on several tangents?"
My bad. My head was kind of foggy last night due to seasonal change where I live.

No to answer your question about posting as "Proletarian Banner" elsewhere.

I was commenting on Icarus's post about suggestive books. That is why it seemed like my comment had tangents.

Ecurb Noselrub

So, this thread is about drinking.  That's all.   I guard it jealously to keep people from getting off track. Right now I am having a glass of wine.  What are you drinking now?

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Just finished my last coffee of the day. I'll coast for a few hours and then have a beer...or two.

TheFightSong

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 11, 2022, 09:03:01 PM
So, this thread is about drinking.  That's all.   I guard it jealously to keep people from getting off track. Right now I am having a glass of wine.  What are you drinking now?
Unless people do get off track and talk about non-drinking activities, such as doing a bunch of shenanigans after getting very snockered. 😈

Drinking nothing.

billy rubin

guinness

half a drink and half a meal

and the other half tonight is my lovely wife s tamale pie

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Mr. B

Vodka and water with ice.

I read a comment earlier on this forum that mixing anything with ice is detrimental to my health.

So be it.

*takes puff off of cigarette*
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Mr. B

Quote from: Magdalena on February 11, 2022, 03:55:20 AM

What she really wants is for everyone to hate America as much as she does.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Mr. B on February 11, 2022, 11:58:54 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 11, 2022, 03:55:20 AM

What she really wants is for everyone to hate America as much as she does.

Hello, Mr B. I don't read her screeds, so am unsure of content. When I see a wall of text from some motor-fingered individual, I ignore it. :smilenod:

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

I'm drinking coconut water mixed with a little tart cherry concentrate. Very yummy.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dark Lightning

A small glass (~4 oz) of red wine. I have found that it helps me go back to sleep after my ~3 AM trip to the BR. Otherwise, I'm up at 4:30 to 5 AM for the rest of the day, and am running on empty. I can also get by with one less mug of coffee this way.