News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Merry Christmas!

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 25, 2020, 01:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

I wish all of you a wonderful day, and a better year next year.

xSilverPhinx

Merry Christmas! Keep safe, everybody.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Happy merry Chrismakwanukkah.

Tank

Merry Christmas to one and all  ;D ;D ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Happy whateverdayitisthatfloatsyourboat!

billy rubin

346 miles in the snow and ice. but i got an extra 8 hours for working the holiday

merry christmas

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

Tank

Build yourself a camera kit. TLR style 35mm film.
Booze and glass.
Beard care kit.
3D printed Moon light.
2 books on how to make 'Bandsaw boxes'.

Quite pleased with that :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

billy rubin

three flashlights, a bundle of socks, a big pack of soba buckwheat noodlez, and some nice indian incense cones

lovely incense

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tom62

Mint chocolates
Prosecco
German gin
Jack Daniels honey liquor
Christmas cookies

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Recusant

Yeah, humbug etc.

And now dear friends, snippets from some tales of the childhood of the Saviour of the Universe.

"Was Baby Jesus A Holy Terror?" | The Daily Beast

QuoteDid he sleep through the night right away? Walk at three months? Will Himself to potty train by the time he was a year old? The possibilities seem endless: Who needs a trip to the liquor store when the toddler can turn water into wine, amirite?

[. . .]

It was a mystery to devout Christians in the early Church, too. They wondered about the temperament of K-12 Jesus and wrote a number of apocryphal stories about his childhood years. If you assumed Jesus was the kind of prodigious angel to turn you green with envy, you'd be wrong. Baby Jesus might be cute, but trust me: you wouldn't like Him when he's angry.

A second-century text, known today as the Infancy Gospel of Thomas and in the ancient world as the Paidika or "Childhood Deeds," describes these years in detail. Like most small children, he was a bit of a handful.

To be sure, Jesus is a real help around the house: He produces a whole feast from a single grain, saves his brother James from snake poison and resurrects a construction worker when he dies. On one occasion when his father Joseph is constructing a bed, Jesus stretches the beam of wood so that it fits. How great would he be after a trip to IKEA?

But he's a bit tough to teach: impossible, in fact. Every attempt to teach Jesus fails, and Jesus ends up sassing his instructors. Admittedly, the incarnate word of God and author of creation probably doesn't need a lot of formal schooling, but talk about a disruption in class.

And that's on his good days. On his bad days he's a preschooler with supernatural powers prone to throwing murderous tantrums in public. On one occasion, another child, the son of a priest, disturbs a miraculous pool of water Jesus was playing with. Jesus does the natural thing and causes the child to "whither up wholly." No one likes it when their sandcastle is knocked over, but his reaction is a bit, err, extreme.

In another incident, a more innocent playmate accidentally runs into five-year-old Jesus's shoulder. Jesus takes this a touch personally and utters a curse that kills him. Lovely. When Joseph reprimands Jesus for drawing negative attention to them, Jesus responds by blinding his critics. In an act of corporal punishment that we at the Daily Beast do not condone, Joseph grabbed Him by the ear and "pulled hard." Apparently entering his petulant teenage years prematurely, Jesus told Joseph to stop giving Him grief. After all, the other kid started it. What can you do? Saviors will be saviors.

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 26, 2020, 08:08:26 PM
So, what did you all get? :grin:
I got a 33" TV and a mattress topper from Crystal.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg