News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

James Randi: Magician and sceptic dies aged 92

Started by Tank, October 22, 2020, 01:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Sad news indeed.  :(

He was a source of inspiration, and not only for my own sweet self. There is some hope for the future of scepticism, with the likes of Stephen Woodford (YouTuber known as RationalityRules) bringing scepticism and rational thought to the younger crowd. They have big shoes to fill, but for a multitude of reasons, I think they will be alright.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Yeah, I saw a post this morning about his death. :( RIP.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Randy

I loved his straight faced witticism especially with his duel with Uri Geller. He tackled the tricksters head on without flinching.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on November 04, 2020, 01:50:17 AM
I loved his straight faced witticism especially with his duel with Uri Geller. He tackled the tricksters head on without flinching.

Uri Geller was quite rude about James after his death :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.