News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Ennio Morricone

Started by Tom62, July 06, 2020, 12:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Ennio Morricone,  one of the greatest film and classical music composers died today

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

He was a giant who was not as well known as his music. I was listening to somebody talk about him earlier who said that his work with Sergio Leone changed cinema as an art.

So long, maestro.  :-\
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

One of my all time favorites.  R.I.P. Ennio

xSilverPhinx

Really talented. Pity he's gone.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Very whistleable melodies.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

..! I didn't know that. A shame, indeed.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

^ Creative photography, pretty Asian woman, fetching music.  What's not to like?

No one

hermes2015

Morricone was a modern Mozart. We will miss him.

No one, I absolutely love that that Metallica performance.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Randy

What a shame and such talent too.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg