News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

The name's Bond... James Bond.

Started by Tank, October 31, 2020, 12:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Just heard the news in the... Well, news.

He left a hole few among today's "talent" could fill.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

sorry

i loved that inspiring look. plus i'm a sucker for old webleys. i'd love to have one.

you know i searched for this classic image and couldn't find it until i turned my NSFW blocker off?

^^this is considered risque by chrome

go figure.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on October 31, 2020, 07:06:56 PM

:cryandrun:

Well, he was 90 so it was really more "why not?". 

And since he was never peaceful in life, if there's an afterlife (which I doubt, but if) he's not about to start just for that so I've been saying "rest in riot, Sean".  I think he'd like that.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

He will always be the only "true" Bond to me.  1965 - I was 12.  Went to the Round Rock, Texas Theater (the town had a population of 2000) and saw Goldfinger.  I was blown away. 

Line of the century:  Honor Blackman - Pussy Galore.

James - I must be dreaming.

Magdalena

Quote from: Sandra Craft on October 31, 2020, 08:50:06 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 31, 2020, 07:06:56 PM

:cryandrun:

Well, he was 90 so it was really more "why not?". 
True...
But, I would've love to see him in the movie, Cacoon 3.

Quote from: Sandra Craft on October 31, 2020, 08:50:06 PM
And since he was never peaceful in life, if there's an afterlife (which I doubt, but if) he's not about to start just for that so I've been saying "rest in riot, Sean".  I think he'd like that.
Yesh, may he resht in riot.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

remember the name of the rose?

strong film. dont see it around much

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

I'm shocked as well. I guess 90 is a pretty ripe old age to aspire to.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg