News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Now THAT Backfired!

Started by xSilverPhinx, September 02, 2020, 02:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

It's so beautiful it brought a tear to my eye, it did.  Not one squirted out in sadness, but accompanied by side-splitting laughter.

These past days reporters working for the countries largest news station, Globo, were constantly getting harassed in front of hospitals located in the city of Rio de Janeiro. When reporters tried to interview people, one or two elements would approach and yell in an attempt to disrupt news reporting. These people also openly were pro-government and especially pro-mayor.

(The governor of Rio is awaiting impending impeachment on corruption charges and apparently the mayor started shitting his pants thinking he'd be next).

Well, the downside of appearing on national television to harass reporters doing their job is your face gets airtime. Why didn't anybody tell them that?! :rofl: Of course, Globo investigated who these people were, and the federal police got involved. Turns out, the mayor used public funds to pay these people to disrupt interviews and harass reporters so they couldn't criticize him. Public funds. Hello, corruption charges! Hello, impending impeachment! :grin:

It's worth mentioning that the mayor, Crivella, is a evangelist pastor. Makes a lot of sense that he would feel entitled to public money and behave in that way. I do wonder though, why he didn't just pray all day instead of steal? Isn't there something in the commandments about not stealing? :notsure:

What matters is, as we say in Brazil, he shot himself in the foot. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Davin

I hope it backfires all the way to removal and prosecution.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Icarus

That sounds a lot like my presidents tactics, and also like his pursuit of corruption

Recusant

Hubris, or unadulterated stupidity? Needn't be one or the other, of course. Anyway, thank you for the gratifying piece of news, xSilverPhinx.   :evilgrin:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

It's getting painful in a comical sort of way, with how corrupt politicians are just unable to hide their acts from the public any more. It's like they expect that they can just get away with it.

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on September 02, 2020, 05:38:50 PM
I hope it backfires all the way to removal and prosecution.

Me too. I hope he doesn't get away with it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on September 03, 2020, 05:08:08 AM
That sounds a lot like my presidents tactics, and also like his pursuit of corruption

They're all shit from the same bag.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on September 03, 2020, 07:43:12 AM
Hubris, or unadulterated stupidity? Needn't be one or the other, of course. Anyway, thank you for the gratifying piece of news, xSilverPhinx.   :evilgrin:

Probably both. :grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 03, 2020, 01:30:26 PM
It's getting painful in a comical sort of way, with how corrupt politicians are just unable to hide their acts from the public any more. It's like they expect that they can just get away with it.

So true. I think either they expect they can get away with it, or believe nobody will ever figure out their master plan. ::) I bet there's going to some religious justification in three, two, one...

Dark Lightning

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 03, 2020, 02:52:28 PM

So true. I think either they expect they can get away with it, or believe nobody will ever figure out their master plan. ::) I bet there's going to some religious justification in three, two, one...

:lol: "The Devil made me do it!"  :devil2:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 03, 2020, 03:59:04 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 03, 2020, 02:52:28 PM

:lol: "The Devil made me do it!"  :devil2:

Exactly that.

Icarus

My president is a lying sack of shit.  I am sorely afraid that his constant lies have persuaded many of our less astute individuals to believe him.  In fact there are a gazillion Trump people who can not, will not, face reality. They will vote for for him against their own best interests but they do not believe that to be the case.   

Lies, lies, damned lies!

Here is an article that helps explain what the problem is.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/cognitive-ability-and-vulnerability-to-fake-news?utm_source=pocket-newtab