News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

equinox!

Started by billy rubin, September 22, 2020, 03:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

my longtitude on the planet passed through the autumnal equinox at 0930 today, thirty-one minutes ago.

tonight at sunset the sun will pass through the horizon behind my neighbor's barn on the hilltop two miles to the west. i can't see the sunsets on either solstice, but the sunset equinoxes are visible. tomorrow's sunset will be closer to his house, one complete solar diameter to the south of the barn.

i'll get up early and mark the sunrise on the eastern ridgetop. there's a line of trees there that i use to mark the equinox, but i can never remember which tree is at the correct s spot. i'll take a photograph so i can remember.

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

I think I may have posted the link to this free web site before. It lets you see how the light will fall on the land, day or night, for any location on earth.

https://app.photoephemeris.com/join
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: billy rubin on September 22, 2020, 03:01:52 PM
my longtitude on the planet passed through the autumnal equinox at 0930 today, thirty-one minutes ago.

tonight at sunset the sun will pass through the horizon behind my neighbor's barn on the hilltop two miles to the west. i can't see the sunsets on either solstice, but the sunset equinoxes are visible. tomorrow's sunset will be closer to his house, one complete solar diameter to the south of the barn.

i'll get up early and mark the sunrise on the eastern ridgetop. there's a line of trees there that i use to mark the equinox, but i can never remember which tree is at the correct s spot. i'll take a photograph so i can remember.

You should build "Woodhenge" there.  Instead of a Druid you can call yourself a Fluid and have a drink to toast the changing of the seasons.

billy rubin

mostly i drink mezcal to celebrate the passing of 5 oclock

i dont eat the worm though

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 23, 2020, 09:45:42 PM
You should build "Woodhenge" there.  Instead of a Druid you can call yourself a Fluid and have a drink to toast the changing of the seasons.

:lol:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on September 23, 2020, 10:35:54 PM
mostly i drink mezcal to celebrate the passing of 5 oclock

i dont eat the worm though
I wouldn't eat the squirmy thing either! I like the way you think in any case.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg