News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Build the Pyramid

Started by Old Seer, July 04, 2020, 10:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on July 05, 2020, 08:45:01 AM
[Right-wing The Asmo]Damn right! Them illegals from Egyptland, they was. :smilenod: [/RWTA]
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Old Seer

The devise is referred to as a "djed pillar", which seems to me to be a wine press of some type rather than a force multiplier. The lower part would make a very poor bearing as perpendicular force would tend to move the pillar up out of the base. The pillar would make a better axial means if it were same as top bearing.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

billy rubin

could be. but lots of things that we see as common sense engineering werent thought of thousands of years ago.look at chariot wheels. took thousands of years for those to develop the obvious optimal dedign we see today.

or think about the various seige engines that were cocked by wonding a rope or string around a drum. the  interface was always a set of handspikes for the operator to pull on, because the crank wasnt invented until modern times.

or early versions of sprocketed drive chains consisting of simple long links articulating around a pentangular drum.

seems obvious now how to do it better, but we have an advantage

set the function, not the mechanism.

Old Seer

It's not a mechanical devise for sure. Other info says its a symbol of stability. Making it mechanical is quit a stretch as there's no upper/end bearing which would be needed.
I'm not a Theist.

billy rubin

old illustrations are often unhelpful

even if detailed, it wasnt the engineers doing the art.

look at a series of casual illustrations of a modern bicycle. you would be excused for concluding that modern illustrators had never seen one.

billy rubin

this wally guy is interesting.

Old Seer

:) Wow, I'm impressed, now we're getting somewhere. An average guy is equal to 1/8th HP, and at 45 degrees of angle the ramp carries 1/2 the weight of the load. That means one needs less bodies to raise the weight.
The main resources the Egyptians had was lotsa rope, wood and people. Thanks for this. :)  :) 
I'm not a Theist.

billy rubin

look at some more of this guys videos. he looks like a retired physicist with a technological axe to grind, and he's made a number of really interesting videos.

billy rubin

i am thoroughly impressed by this.

Dark Lightning

Definitely not a physicist. Uses the wrong units, and doesn't account for the weight of the three men descending the ramp on the pull side. SWAG- their total weight is more than that of the block.

Old Seer

Quote from: billy rubin on June 23, 2024, 12:33:53 AMlook at some more of this guys videos. he looks like a retired physicist with a technological axe to grind, and he's made a number of really interesting videos.
Archaeologists (some) are toying with the idea that there was a civilization before the Egyptians named Kemit that did the actual stone works and Egyptians inherited it, on the premise that the Egyptians didn't have the means or skills for such precision workings.
I'm not a Theist.

zorkan

Yep.
What's more they were probably the first to perform what's now known as Kemetic yoga.

https://youaligned.com/yoga/kemetic-yoga/#:~:text=Poses%20or%20postures%20within%20the,such%20as%20squares%20or%20triangles.

The yoga triangles were a form of magic and the pyramids were built in their honour.
The pyramid pose still survives today and is just one of many.

Published recently: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yoga-Light-Energies-through-Triangles/dp/1620559447
5 stars from me also.
They also had a practice similar to Qigong. Triangles again.

billy rubin

ancient technology is a fascinating subject. the simple lack of preserved records is the biggest problem.

we have the results, but not an understanding of the processes.

clearlyu, the pyramids are there, but we have no witnesses.

Old Seer

My first job after USMC was royal granite in my home town. Off the day shit-after work I'd hang around and watch a the other operations going on. The company did it all from gravestones, monuments to specialties. The results in Egypt are comparable to that of the granite co. The only results of difference is we were faster---probably. Whoever did the works in Egypt were amazingly similar. 
I'm not a Theist.

zorkan

I'd be surprised if the pyramids and other ancient sites like stone circles were used for much other than healing.
Simply entering one might be found to have healing powers.
In the case of Stonehenge, a circle of stones arranged like magic mushrooms, perhaps.
Sample the soma, as in Buddhism.
People were desperate for cures, just like today.
For thousands of years, people believed in the curative property of water.