News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Humanized mice

Started by Old Seer, June 23, 2020, 05:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

This brings me back to the mice. A curiosity question: Do mice have prejudice against others of different colors? Do they have a group mentality? I don't think so but I have no data to point one direction or another.

Would humanized mice behave that way?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Davin

Quote from: Randy on June 26, 2020, 01:37:52 PM
Here is an example of six white cops killing a white man with bipolar disorder.
I'm curious to see if any protests break out. It's an interesting read. Still nothing to do with mice but is kind of on topic as of late.
Yeah, very off topic.

Six cases, probably from a deep pull too. The funny thing is, and it's not really that funny, but there are more than six cases a day of police overriding black citizens constitutional rights.

But let's play this game. I wonder how often cops go around harassing white men with bipolar disorder. Harassing them from birth until death.

And all options for the white men bipolar disorder to effect change have a bunch of assholes coming around and telling them they should do it another way. Meanwhile nothing changes for hundreds of years. In that case, I can see social disorder breaking out due to the constant breaking of the social contract by those in power against the white men with bipolar disorder.

The major thing, is to have equal standards and to honor the social contract. As a fair and equal society, we should not have laws that protect one group but doesn't apply to them, and applies to another group but doesn't protect them.

----

So I think that the bipolar white men getting treated that way can be rolled into the same movement that says that we're all human beings and have rights and cops should not be subverting our rights. And that cops that do, need to be held to at least the same standards that the rest of us are held to.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Quote from: Randy on June 26, 2020, 04:46:54 PM
This brings me back to the mice. A curiosity question: Do mice have prejudice against others of different colors? Do they have a group mentality? I don't think so but I have no data to point one direction or another.

Would humanized mice behave that way?
I don't know, I guess I don't understand the premise of this whole thing.

We don't know the psychological and social hang ups mice have, and I don't see how we can speculate on that with some kind of hypothetical human/mouse hybrid.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Old Seer on June 26, 2020, 03:53:49 PM
From what I understand of it, from Psycho types that I know. Everyone is racist, and it's part of ones natural psychological makeup. Its in the category of self protection and defense system. We are naturally suspicious and curious when differences in others not of one's own race are observed. ...

..." ...Said the racist white man who used Phrenology to justify his hostile attitudes and fucked up practices.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

what about the ear-mice? remember this?

it turned out to be manipulated. not he picture, the mouse. cow collagen grafted on and shaped with some sort of mold.

i think people were predicting that we grow organs to transplant on the backs of lab animals.

set the function, not the mechanism.

No one

With all this squeaking, this thread has become extremely cheesey.

Old Seer

Quote from: Magdalena on June 26, 2020, 09:11:01 PM
From what I understand of it, from Psycho types that I know. Everyone is racist, and it's part of ones natural psychological makeup. Its in the category of self protection and defense system. We are naturally suspicious and curious when differences in others not of one's own race are observed. ...

..." ...Said the racist white man who used Phrenology to justify his hostile attitudes and fucked up practices.
I have any personal racism under my strict control. I've never studied size and shape of the cranium to determine intellectual ability. I have a great grandson, Roman , that is 1/2 black. Hes a real charmer and scoots right over to grampa when I show up. My best buddy in the USMC was a Filipino from the Island of Cebu. His father was a ww2 freedom fighter among the islands.  I have pis of eh and I roaming the desert at MCB 29 palms CA. And on liberty in LA at the Jewish community center USO.  :)
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Magdalena

Quote from: Old Seer on June 26, 2020, 11:01:51 PM

I have any personal racism under my strict control. I've never studied size and shape of the cranium to determine intellectual ability. I have a great grandson, Roman , that is 1/2 black. Hes a real charmer and scoots right over to grampa when I show up. My best buddy in the USMC was a Filipino from the Island of Cebu. His father was a ww2 freedom fighter among the islands.  I have pis of eh and I roaming the desert at MCB 29 palms CA. And on liberty in LA at the Jewish community center USO.  :)
There's no need to explain anything, Old Seer, I was talking about the "Psycho types" that you said you know.

Someone called me, "a harpy" a few days ago.  :worried: --I had to google the word. When I found out what a harpy is I didn't feel the need to defend myself because I know I'm not one.   :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Old Seer

Quote from: Magdalena on June 26, 2020, 11:37:49 PM

There's no need to explain anything, Old Seer, I was talking about the "Psycho types" that you said you know.

Someone called me, "a harpy" a few days ago.  :worried: --I had to google the word. When I found out what a harpy is I didn't feel the need to defend myself because I know I'm not one.   :grin:
OK Understood. It's my fault here. The psychotypes are psychologists - Psychiatrist--whatever. Psychotypes is my description because I can't remember the difference between psycho this or psycho that. Psychology/psychiatry is a study of people/person. Knowing them from may contactings over time I'd say they're not much racist and I,m reasonably sure they didn't exclude themselves.  :)
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Randy

Why doesn't anyone tell me these things? I didn't know you weren't a harpy. Actually, I don't know what a harpy is. I'll have to google the word. I'm pretty sure you aren't whatever one of those things are. :grin:

Edit: I just looked it up. You definitely are not a harpy!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on June 27, 2020, 12:20:46 AM
Why doesn't anyone tell me these things? I didn't know you weren't a harpy. Actually, I don't know what a harpy is. I'll have to google the word. I'm pretty sure you aren't whatever one of those things are. :grin:

Edit: I just looked it up. You definitely are not a harpy!
:lol: Thanks.
Ugly, aren't they?

Magdalena

Quote from: Old Seer on June 27, 2020, 12:12:25 AM

OK Understood. It's my fault here. The psychotypes are psychologists - Psychiatrist--whatever. Psychotypes is my description because I can't remember the difference between psycho this or psycho that. Psychology/psychiatry is a study of people/person. Knowing them from may contactings over time I'd say they're not much racist and I,m reasonably sure they didn't exclude themselves.  :)
Ah! Got it.

I gave the same definition of the word, psychology that you gave and my teacher corrected me:
"Psychology is the scientific study of the mind and behavior..."
;)