News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Just joined

Started by TheSadnessWillLastForever, November 25, 2020, 09:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSadnessWillLastForever

At the suggestion of my therapist I have joined (for support from other atheists) happy to be here

Tank

Hello

What should we call you as your user name is a bit of a mouthful?

Tell us a bit about yourself :)

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

Did your therapist tell you about the cover charge?
Tacos are the currency of choice.

billy rubin

you are very welcome here

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Welcome to the forum TSWLF.   This forum is not licensed to provide therapy. On the other hand we are a most friendly and understanding group of people who do care about the welfare of others.

Now, if you are having a problem because you have doubts about conventional religion, Your family, or peers may be hammering you for your audacious breech of faith.  That is not unusual but it is certainly  survivable and a happy and prosperous future life may very well await you. We might provide some assurance that you are not going to be condemned to hellfire and brimstone for your apostasy.  Tell us more about yourself and we will respond as we deem appropriate.

Please explore the forum and see for yourself that our main thrust is not the destruction of religion or intimidation of its followers.  Our forum members are more than comfortable in our own skins and comfortable with our intellectual position with regard to all that religions demand of its' victims adherents.  Our title includes the word 'Happy", not anger...........(well politically we may display a little bit of controlled anger) .

Your responses are awaited.

Dark Lightning

Randy

Welcome to the forum! We are an eclectic bunch of people. We have different backgrounds, vastly different lives, but we come together and have a little fun, hence the "happy" in the name of the forum.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bluenose

A great big Aussie G'day from the land downunder.  This really is a happy place, I hope you enjoy your time here and know that we do not take ourselves too seriously, although we do at times have serious discussions.  Nevertheless, always remember a joke is often the best medicine for whatever ails you, unless you've been attacked by a drop bear - then you're stuffed! 
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Hello from another upside down member. You will find there are some stable, wise, truly together members here who can provide you with wise counsel. Modesty forbids my mentioning any names.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

LifeisSweet

Welcome!  I am fairly new here myself and need to find the time to visit more often.  Seems to be a nice group of people.
"When we exist, death is not; and when death exists, we are not." Epicurus