News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Sir Ian Holm

Started by Asmodean, June 19, 2020, 02:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Bilbo Baggins has gone with the elves. Yet another face from my youth has faded away. Such is life, still, it is a sad aspect of it.

RIP
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

I read up a bit. Didn't know that he'd been dealing with Parkinsons these past years. That's no fun at all. He was excellent as Ash in Alien
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

A good life well lived as far as I can tell.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

He died peacefully at the age of 88. I remember him as Bilbo Baggins the most.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

That's so sad to hear.  :( I'm mostly familiar with his portrayal of Bilbo Baggins in LotR. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bluenose

I remember him best as Ash in Alien.  A very fine actor, vale good sir.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tom62

He was a great actor. I remember him for his excellent performances as Napoleon in Time Bandits, Kurtzmann in Brazil, Ash in Alien, Priest Vito Cornelius in the 5th Element and Bilbo in LOR
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Randy

I forgot about him as Napoleon. I think I'll watch Time Bandits again today just to refresh my memory.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg