News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

On Child Indoctrination

Started by MarcusA, May 12, 2023, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

If I didn't know better, I'd think that I'd slid into the Twilight Zone. Starts out with indoctrination, ends with conscription. Drugs?  :yeahok:

MarcusA

Quote from: billy rubin on May 20, 2023, 01:59:53 AMdo not go easy into that dark night.

The dark night of the soul.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 20, 2023, 02:07:53 AMIf I didn't know better, I'd think that I'd slid into the Twilight Zone. Starts out with indoctrination, ends with conscription. Drugs?  :yeahok:

What is indoctrination but conscripting the young to fight the wars of old men.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Prycejosh1987

Quote from: MarcusA on May 12, 2023, 09:24:24 AMAny kind of conscription is a violation of human rights. That's what I think, what do you think?
Its a hard topic because faith teaches us not to kill others, but the Jews (Israelites) killed many of their suppressive and oppressive enemies. I personally believe that we should seek peace but that fighting and retaliation is a last resort.

Tank

Quote from: Prycejosh1987 on August 16, 2023, 09:24:49 PM
Quote from: MarcusA on May 12, 2023, 09:24:24 AMAny kind of conscription is a violation of human rights. That's what I think, what do you think?
Its a hard topic because faith teaches us not to kill others, but the Jews (Israelites) killed many of their suppressive and oppressive enemies. I personally believe that we should seek peace but that fighting and retaliation is a last resort.

Rubbish. Faith has been and still is used to justify killing. Just look at what happened in Pakistan today. Two Christians killed for alleged blasphemy desecrating a Quran. Faith is just a posh word for delusion.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.