News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

On Child Indoctrination

Started by MarcusA, May 12, 2023, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

If I didn't know better, I'd think that I'd slid into the Twilight Zone. Starts out with indoctrination, ends with conscription. Drugs?  :yeahok:

MarcusA

Quote from: billy rubin on May 20, 2023, 01:59:53 AMdo not go easy into that dark night.

The dark night of the soul.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 20, 2023, 02:07:53 AMIf I didn't know better, I'd think that I'd slid into the Twilight Zone. Starts out with indoctrination, ends with conscription. Drugs?  :yeahok:

What is indoctrination but conscripting the young to fight the wars of old men.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Prycejosh1987

Quote from: MarcusA on May 12, 2023, 09:24:24 AMAny kind of conscription is a violation of human rights. That's what I think, what do you think?
Its a hard topic because faith teaches us not to kill others, but the Jews (Israelites) killed many of their suppressive and oppressive enemies. I personally believe that we should seek peace but that fighting and retaliation is a last resort.

Tank

Quote from: Prycejosh1987 on August 16, 2023, 09:24:49 PM
Quote from: MarcusA on May 12, 2023, 09:24:24 AMAny kind of conscription is a violation of human rights. That's what I think, what do you think?
Its a hard topic because faith teaches us not to kill others, but the Jews (Israelites) killed many of their suppressive and oppressive enemies. I personally believe that we should seek peace but that fighting and retaliation is a last resort.

Rubbish. Faith has been and still is used to justify killing. Just look at what happened in Pakistan today. Two Christians killed for alleged blasphemy desecrating a Quran. Faith is just a posh word for delusion.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.