News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Dreams

Started by Randy, May 20, 2020, 07:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

You know those dreams in which you go out in public and realise (too late) that you're not wearing pants or are entirely naked? Well, last night was the second time this week I dreamt I went out without a mask and felt similarly vulnerable.  :panic:

Who would have thought a couple of years back that face mask anxiety would also generate such dreams? ::) 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 27, 2021, 02:07:33 PM
You know those dreams in which you go out in public and realise (too late) that you're not wearing pants or are entirely naked? Well, last night was the second time this week I dreamt I went out without a mask and felt similarly vulnerable.  :panic:

Who would have thought a couple of years back that face mask anxiety would also generate such dreams? ::)
I have to admit that's a new one on me. :lol:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on January 27, 2021, 02:58:43 PM

Is it just me then? :notsure:

:P

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 27, 2021, 03:09:24 PM

I've never worn a face mask in public except that one time I thought I was Batman. My psychiatrist has me on pills for that now.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on January 27, 2021, 03:17:51 PM

I've never worn a face mask in public except that one time I thought I was Batman. My psychiatrist has me on pills for that now.

Heheh, you need a proper cape.  ;D

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 27, 2021, 08:55:30 PM

One time in a business meeting it got quiet, which was unusual. So I just said, "I'm Batman." I got some laughs. I never could take meetings too seriously.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on January 28, 2021, 12:03:43 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 27, 2021, 08:55:30 PM

One time in a business meeting it got quiet, which was unusual. So I just said, "I'm Batman." I got some laughs. I never could take meetings too seriously.

:lol:

Magdalena

I think I understand.  :notsure:
I still can't get over how strange it is to have to get used to hanging my keys and my mask in the same place all the time.  :sadshake:

I think, for the same reason, I had a strange dream the other day:
I had survived the zombie apocalypse and I lived with a large group of people who were constantly moving from building to building, running, always running from the zombies. We slept wherever we could. We were always protected by armed guards. One time I found myself resting on a bed, like this one:

I was alone, tired and scared. I remember thinking, "I survived, but...I'm not happy I did."  :cryandrun:

Weird, because I'm not into zombies. At all. :chin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Damn, that's a scary dream, Mags!  :o

Randy

I just suddenly realized what Silver meant by "face masks". I was thinking Halloween. She's talking about the medical masks which I always wear when I go out. I wear two, one for the face and one for the trach. I'm not taking any chances.

I feel kind of dumb right now for missing that.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on January 28, 2021, 03:36:11 PM
I just suddenly realized what Silver meant by "face masks". I was thinking Halloween. She's talking about the medical masks which I always wear when I go out. I wear two, one for the face and one for the trach. I'm not taking any chances.

Heheh! I thought your Batman reply was a bit random, now I know why. :P

They're not called face masks? :notsure:

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 28, 2021, 08:36:25 PM

They are. Here in the US we just call them masks.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on January 29, 2021, 09:48:38 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 28, 2021, 08:36:25 PM

They are. Here in the US we just call them masks.

Ah, ok  ;D

xSilverPhinx

So...last night I dreamt my sister (who is an incurable drug addict and alcoholic) stole my clothes and hid them so she could trade them for drugs. She has the beginnings of alcohol-related dementia which affects her memory and in my dream she couldn't remember where she put them.   

In my sleep I was consumed by this really intense rage like I haven't felt in a long time. My brain must have loosened the 'brakes'. Man!

Davin

I had a dream I went back to my old job at Jack in the Box and was making mint Oreo shakes.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.