Main Menu

Hello from Atlanta. :)

Started by Randy, May 11, 2020, 02:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Quote from: Tank on May 14, 2020, 07:09:51 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 13, 2020, 10:43:44 PM
Quote from: Randy on May 11, 2020, 05:21:28 PM
If you want to look at the three I've created so far you can visit www.renderforever.com. There is a tab at the top called Wildcards. Hover over that and you'll be able to select between them.

Wow, impressive!  8)

:this:

Thanks, Tank. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Asmodean

A belated hi, Randy!

You referred to your name meaning things in Old English. Well, Randi with a i is a feminine name here in Norway. I went to school with an Randi, but have not met another since, which is why I believe it to be at least somewhat rare. Still, that's nothing when it comes to things meaning things.

I went to university with a Simen. It's our version of "Simon," so nothing particularly special, but we had this one German lecturer who naturally pronounced it as "Semen," which... Yeah... Them's were fun, innocent times.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Randy

Quote from: Asmodean on May 26, 2020, 11:54:31 AM
A belated hi, Randy!

You referred to your name meaning things in Old English. Well, Randi with a i is a feminine name here in Norway. I went to school with an Randi, but have not met another since, which is why I believe it to be at least somewhat rare. Still, that's nothing when it comes to things meaning things.

Randi is a feminine name here too but it is rarely used. I've met a few in my life with my moniker but not many. My real name is Randal but everyone calls me Randy. Perhaps it is kind of rare here too.

Quote from: Asmodean on May 26, 2020, 11:54:31 AM
I went to university with a Simen. It's our version of "Simon," so nothing particularly special, but we had this one German lecturer who naturally pronounced it as "Semen," which... Yeah... Them's were fun, innocent times.

:rofl: That poor guy.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Asmodean

Mhm. He lectured in English, so I was once at the back end of the following phrase;

"And Alex, you can work with semen."

Uh...  :???: Oh... Kay?

As I said, them's were the innocent times. I don't think the lecturer even noticed or gave it half-a-thought and a chuckle, or if he did, he was a FAR better troll than any other German-speaking person I've ever come across  :lol:

EDIT: ...And now I said "come" in a post about Simen. Hell. I'm going there. :sadnod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Randy

According to South Park everyone but the Mormons are going to Hell. I'll buy you a drink when we get there.

Asmodean

Indeed. I was applying for a job as a spit-swirler down there anyways, what to swirl the spits with improper Christians on them. (This is a reference to a truly ancient thread by the way... from simpler times. Don't even remember which. Something about that Mabus guy, who was... A guy who... Trolled forums..? Canadian, I think..?)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Randy

Ah, you lost me there Asmo. Maybe I can find the thread.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Asmodean on May 26, 2020, 02:31:28 PM
Indeed. I was applying for a job as a spit-swirler down there anyways, what to swirl the spits with improper Christians on them. (This is a reference to a truly ancient thread by the way... from simpler times. Don't even remember which. Something about that Mabus guy, who was... A guy who... Trolled forums..? Canadian, I think..?)

David Mabus!? Wow, that's a name from the dim and misty! Yes, Canadian. He sent threatening emails to PZ Myers (among others). PZ got tired of it, printed them out and handed them over to law enforcement. Thousands of pages.  :o Mabus did time in a psych ward/jail, I forget which,  and when released was told to never use the internet. He's done it a few times and again gotten spanked. Truly a troubled person.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 26, 2020, 03:13:41 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on May 26, 2020, 02:31:28 PM

David Mabus!? Wow, that's a name from the dim and misty! Yes, Canadian. He sent threatening emails to PZ Myers (among others). PZ got tired of it, printed them out and handed them over to law enforcement. Thousands of pages.  :o Mabus did time in a psych ward/jail, I forget which,  and when released was told to never use the internet. He's done it a few times and again gotten spanked. Truly a troubled person.

I knew that name sounded familiar! :o
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on May 26, 2020, 02:11:57 PM
Mhm. He lectured in English, so I was once at the back end of the following phrase;

"And Alex, you can work with semen."

Uh...  :???: Oh... Kay?

As I said, them's were the innocent times. I don't think the lecturer even noticed or gave it half-a-thought and a chuckle, or if he did, he was a FAR better troll than any other German-speaking person I've ever come across  :lol:

EDIT: ...And now I said "come" in a post about Simen. Hell. I'm going there. :sadnod:

:lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Markuze (aka "Mabus") was released from his probation and the restrictions on his internet use were lifted. This under the condition that he continued with counseling, as I understand it. Perhaps there was something about complying with their course of treatment, including taking his meds.

Anyway, he's back online and makes an appearance now and again at his old haunts. His most recent visit here was in February of last year. He tried to register an account under the name "atheistkiller" which I recognized as one of his pseudonyms. His registration was rejected because he's been banned under other names here.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on May 26, 2020, 08:58:28 PM
Markuze (aka "Mabus") was released from his probation and the restrictions on his internet use were lifted. This under the condition that he continued with counseling, as I understand it. Perhaps there was something about complying with their course of treatment, including taking his meds.

Anyway, he's back online and makes an appearance now and again at his old haunts. His most recent visit here was in February of last year. He tried to register an account under the name "atheistkiller" which I recognized as one of his pseudonyms. His registration was rejected because he's been banned under other names here.

Maybe we should let him in and stick him in the Anteroom for old times sake?  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

I miss out on all the fun.  >:(

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Recusant on May 26, 2020, 08:58:28 PM

OK, a little more factual than what I remembered.

Icarus

With a slight mod for spelling Mabus, we could have Mobius which is something that is twisted.