News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Hello from Atlanta. :)

Started by Randy, May 11, 2020, 02:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

He sounds bent. Was he violent on here? "Atheistkiller" sounds a little scary. I know he didn't get to use that name here but he sounds like the kind of guy who would be threatening.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Asmodean

He was actually rather a sad persona of what seemed to be a pathetic man.

Don't take my words as derogatory - they are said more in pity than any other emotion.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

He reserved his personal threats to prominent individuals. He also issued more generalized proclamations along the lines of "all atheists must die" or similar. His rhetoric was often vile though not particularly impressive. He's maybe toned it down slightly but still harps on the same themes.

RationalWiki isn't a particularly reliable source, but their article on him will give more detail and seems fairly accurate, if you're curious.

"Dennis Markuze" | RationalWiki
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Randy

I'm glad it's just words although I wouldn't be surprised if he took it to the next level. He sounds like a scary individual. I have a bipolar daughter-in-law who refuses to take her medication. She gets violent.

Anyway, I'm glad he's gone although I'm not worried if he did show up. He'll just get banned again.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on May 27, 2020, 05:56:15 PM
I'm glad it's just words although I wouldn't be surprised if he took it to the next level. He sounds like a scary individual. I have a bipolar daughter-in-law who refuses to take her medication. She gets violent.

Anyway, I'm glad he's gone although I'm not worried if he did show up. He'll just get banned again.

He's not very creative. His accounts generally never even get activated.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.