News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

I Have This to Say

Started by MadBomr101, April 24, 2020, 02:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBomr101

I have no children due to reasons. So I have nothing of value to contribute to this whole thread.

This is my final post here. :(

Post 5 of 25
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Dark Lightning

Tank

Quote from: MadBomr101 on April 24, 2020, 02:48:02 AM
I have no children due to reasons. So I have nothing of value to contribute to this whole thread.

Post 5 of 25

Hang on! What did I miss?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MadBomr101

Quote from: Tank on April 24, 2020, 06:31:25 AM

Post 5 of 25

Nothing but since I owe you 25 posts I'm going to try and spread them out in all the different threads even the ones that don't really apply to me. I just meant this is my last post in the Parenting thread.

Well, 20 now.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Tank

Quote from: MadBomr101 on April 24, 2020, 07:51:06 AM
Quote from: Tank on April 24, 2020, 06:31:25 AM

Post 5 of 25

Nothing but since I owe you 25 posts I'm going to try and spread them out in all the different threads even the ones that don't really apply to me. I just meant this is my last post in the Parenting thread.

Well, 20 now.

Ah! You had me worried there!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

I have no children either - I prefer living alone and when they are small, kids annoy me.

Here's to our contribution to the environment! Most of our environmental footprint will not long survive us, while for those pesky parents, it will likely be just beginning at the point of their death.  :cheers:

This was today's silver lining - Asmostyle  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

viocjit

I have no children and I don't want to raise children because I think we are going to an ecologic collapse.
Is this good for anyone to live in a world with a lack of resource , wars , low conditions of life ?

I have no children and I don't want to raise children because I don't want he became potentially the citizen of a dictatorship.
Today the country in which I live for which I'm a citizen (France) is a democracy (Dysfunctional and with a lot of default but a democratic state by Western standard and compared to the majority of states in the world) but a political regime (In French Republic the ongoing regime is the Vth Republic and it did evolved a lot since its enactment in 1958) isn't eternal and no one known what will succeeded to this ?
I hope we would have a better regime that will succeeded it but I fear the successor will be worse.

billy rubin

i have five kids because i want to change the world.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

I have three sons. I would've liked more children but the wife wasn't up to it. They're all happy heathens, so I did something right.

MadBomr101

We tried to make a baby on numerous occasions but when that failed we turned to medical science, but when that failed we tried adoption, but when that failed and we were out of any other practical options, we gave up.
- Bomr

Tank

Quote from: MadBomr101 on April 25, 2020, 03:23:48 PM
We tried to make a baby on numerous occasions but when that failed we turned to medical science, but when that failed we tried adoption, but when that failed and we were out of any other practical options, we gave up.

That's a great shame. :(

Ecurb Noselrub

I have no biological children but married twice to women who had kids, so I helped raise them.  It's had mixed results. The grand kids are an improvement, however.  I will not be passing my genes along to the next generation - that's probably a blessing for them.

Icarus

Good on you Bruce.

I married a wonderful woman who had a three year old.  I tried my damndest to be a good father figure. Little league, soapbox derby, slot car contests, bicycles, workshop training, and all that sort of thing. Yes I did love him as if my own progeny. Somehow that did not result in the way I had so fervently hoped.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 24, 2020, 07:06:43 PM
I have three sons. I would've liked more children but the wife wasn't up to it. They're all happy heathens, so I did something right.
Well done. I have two grown up children, both Christians due to my influence, who would be devastated if they knew I lost my faith over time, realising seven years ago that it was gone for ever.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

billy rubin

well thats a play in three acts, im sure. not diminishing the difficulty at all. a hard relationship to balance.

ive got agnotics and christians both in my immediate household. quakerism is easier onnontheists than the protestants are , for sure.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."