News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

animals in your life

Started by billy rubin, April 23, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

and then tbere were three .
 . .

tjis one managed to stay on tbe roof. the other one os in the tree, and the first one is being re-habbed somewhere

set the function, not the mechanism.

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on May 25, 2023, 08:17:48 AMI have a cheeky Robin in my garden at the moment. I'll be sitting reading and it'll hope about a couple of feet from me with a 'Feed Me!' look in its eye :D

your robins are different from ours. ours are pretty large thrushes. they got the name from the orange breast

Tank

This little chap posed for crumbs at The Eden Project in Cornwall. The cafeteria was in one of the glasshouses and open to any wildlife in there.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Tank on May 26, 2023, 09:22:16 AMThis little chap posed for crumbs at The Eden Project in Cornwall. The cafeteria was in one of the glasshouses and open to any wildlife in there.

You should attach him to a Hogswatch card, may not be at all cooperative though.

billy rubin

billy rubin

sparrow hawks at beginning and end, and tge mockingbird in the middle.

only three birds in this: adult falcon, juvenile falcon, mockingbird

MarcusA

I saw a crazy bulldog rolling on a lawn today as it scratched its back. It amused the hell out of me.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Tank

My dog does that and it is very amusing.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MarcusA

Human beings amuse me the most.

billy rubin

got up this morning and was walking out to the road

odocoelius virginianus

abiut a metre at the shoulder. stood there sraing at me and wouldnt run.  when i got close she hopped into the hayfield and stopped again

i said, youve got a fawn holed up in there, doncha

so i cimbed up into the hayfield and started walking along tbe line of young chestnut trees parallel to the road. after about 30 feet a spotted fawn leapt up out of the timothy and ran to the doe. then they both stopped

i broke off then so they wouldnt get separated

lots of these whitetails around here. now with the hayfield fallow they have somewhere close by to hide

MarcusA

ever-present seagulls
in the bitter rain

billy rubin

this morning i walked over to my truck and there were chewed pieces of chicken nuggets all over the hydraulic control box.

i had picked up a n oil field chemical company box the day before. no chicken nuggets there.

so i looked closer and tbere were greasy raccoon footprints all over the box.

so now im a buffet table for the local nightife

must have bern ots of chicken nuggets around to have lefy such a mess behind

billy rubin

so i came home and walked up to thr warehouse door

snake

not really a snake but a snake skin. this would be an elaphe obsoleta, local black rat snake. shed skin. they get tjree or four feet, altbough ive seen em six feet long

i looked around for more but none were visible. rat snakes are beautiful and good tempered animals, altbough all the ones ive caught tried to bite me ferociously i admit

otherwise nice to have around. i catch all i can and let em lose around the house

MarcusA

a snoopy little pigeon
approached a cafe drinker -
where there's one, there's many.

MarcusA

the cats next door
have gone, I guess that they just
died while I lived.