News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

animals in your life

Started by billy rubin, April 23, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Joy after barking at her reflection in the window for 40 minutes.  ::)

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

It makes me happy to see her looking so strong. She seems to be fighting the virus very well.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Randy

Joy looks good even with the virus. Maybe the worst is over?  :shrug:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 27, 2021, 02:54:50 AM
It makes me happy to see her looking so strong. She seems to be fighting the virus very well.

Me too! Each day that passes without the appearance of any neurological signs brings me more hope that everything will be fine. :grin:

Quote from: Randy on January 27, 2021, 01:35:33 PM
Joy looks good even with the virus. Maybe the worst is over?  :shrug:

Doesn't she? :tellmemore:
Hopefully! ;D

Anne D.

She's so cute when she's all tuckered out. Pics of animals sleeping always break my heart. So sweet.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Anne D. on January 30, 2021, 03:50:16 AM
She's so cute when she's all tuckered out. Pics of animals sleeping always break my heart. So sweet.

:grin: It's a precious moment not only because it's a cuteness overload but because it's also a moment of peace and quiet in the household. Heheh!

billy rubin

i was given a pit bull/lab cross many years ago from some amish around here that s had been dumped

dumped twice actually. we found it the first time and the young owner retrieved it, only for it to be dumped again ten miles farther away three months later

anyway the reason was quite clear. within a week he had surrounded the house with a huge ring of chewed sofa cusions, shoes, gloves, cardboard boxes, articles of clothing, you name it.

an astoninshing sea of destruction

lasted a few weeks more btil he was seven months old, then he mellowed out for the next ten or twelve years

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on January 30, 2021, 02:02:04 PM
i was given a pit bull/lab cross many years ago from some amish around here that s had been dumped

dumped twice actually. we found it the first time and the young owner retrieved it, only for it to be dumped again ten miles farther away three months later

anyway the reason was quite clear. within a week he had surrounded the house with a huge ring of chewed sofa cusions, shoes, gloves, cardboard boxes, articles of clothing, you name it.

an astoninshing sea of destruction

lasted a few weeks more btil he was seven months old, then he mellowed out for the next ten or twelve years

"an astoninshing sea of destruction" :snicker:

For a pup, Joy is relatively well behaved. She hasn't destroyed...much...other than her toys. Maybe it's because she has a lot of toys to destroy and so leaves other things alone, I don't know. :shrug: I don't know what she'll do when the other pup arrives, though. I imagine things will get pretty wild here and they will pretty much dominate the house.

billy rubin

two dogs are easier than one dog because they wear each other out and you have some breathing room

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on January 30, 2021, 10:24:25 PM
two dogs are easier than one dog because they wear each other out and you have some breathing room

That's true.

billy rubin

it's like the amish say

one boy is a boy

two boys is half a boy

three boys is no boy at all

billy rubin

the femal possum came to visit last night while my number two son had a camera.

mrs. cream, she is now called, apparently

mrs cream is still fond of the cat tree we used to have in the living room, and climbs up on top in order to hold court and accept honorifics

in this case the honorific was half a banana, although hardboiled eggs ae re more popular and chocolate chip cookies still top the list

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on February 02, 2021, 02:52:27 AM
the femal possum came to visit last night while my number two son had a camera.

mrs. cream, she is now called, apparently

mrs cream is still fond of the cat tree we used to have in the living room, and climbs up on top in order to hold court and accept honorifics

in this case the honorific was half a banana, although hardboiled eggs ae re more popular and chocolate chip cookies still top the list

She's huge! Must be the food you're feeding her. :popcorn:

xSilverPhinx

Joy discovers her calling while receiving a guest (better with sound on, and activate subtitles  ;D )

billy rubin

ive never seen a border collie set to music before.