Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

animals in your life

Started by billy rubin, April 23, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2020, 09:05:50 AM

That sounds a little 'dangerous' do the chickens not defecate on them?

don't seem to. possums are super tidy (unlike raccoons) and he's always spotless when i see him.

i keep the henhouse shut at night but open in th emnorning. th epossum sleeps in the open henhouse all day long, gets shut in at night, and munches chicken feed at will. then he's back asleep in the mornign when i open it up.

a weird symbiosis for a supposedly wild animal. my wife hit him in the ass today with an outdated mcdonalds apple pie, and he just stared at her.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on December 10, 2020, 09:16:49 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 10, 2020, 09:05:50 AM

That sounds a little 'dangerous' do the chickens not defecate on them?

don't seem to. possums are super tidy (unlike raccoons) and he's always spotless when i see him.

i keep the henhouse shut at night but open in th emnorning. th epossum sleeps in the open henhouse all day long, gets shut in at night, and munches chicken feed at will. then he's back asleep in the mornign when i open it up.

a weird symbiosis for a supposedly wild animal. my wife hit him in the ass today with an outdated mcdonalds apple pie, and he just stared at her.

:rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Joy spat out a baby tooth this morning. I thought that was endearing.

ETA: the smelly fart she let out just now was not.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 07, 2021, 10:55:05 PM

Never, ever allow your dog to eat a raw brussels sprout! The results are eye watering!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on January 08, 2021, 10:40:55 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 07, 2021, 10:55:05 PM

Never, ever allow your dog to eat a raw brussels sprout! The results are eye watering!

Noted!  ;D

Joy loves boiled eggs. I would add that to the list of things to never give a dog that lives indoors.

Randy

I don't think I've ever given a dog anything but meat or dog food. I hate eggs so I would never have fed a dog that anyway.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on January 08, 2021, 12:38:18 PM
I don't think I've ever given a dog anything but meat or dog food. I hate eggs so I would never have fed a dog that anyway.

If we drop an egg by accident the dogs clear it up immediately. Very useful :)

Icarus

In the distant past....maybe not so distant a past.............certain farm dogs would raid the hen house to consume numerous eggs.  The offenders were labeled "suck egg dogs" and many of them were killed for that offense. 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on January 08, 2021, 11:08:33 PM
In the distant past....maybe not so distant a past.............certain farm dogs would raid the hen house to consume numerous eggs.  The offenders were labeled "suck egg dogs" and many of them were killed for that offense.

People would kill the dogs instead of investing in securing the eggs? :lynch:

billy rubin

yes. bad dogs have short lives in the country. i taught my dogs to leave the chickens alone by waiting until i caught them killing a hen and then i beat them. the dramatic moment has lasted their lifetimw. most dogs i beat with a single finger, because thats enough. other dogs take more emphasis.

my wife has a weaknwss for bad dogs. one she git once would chase cows, and take the good dog with her. it wasnt until the good dog came home with a fresh bullet hole in his ear that she would get rid of the bad one.

billy rubin

the female possum came by last night and my wife fed her a hardboiled egg. the male has apparently heeded the call of the wild.

both raccoons returned the other night and the male accepted a banana. the female is skittish but still hanging out.

they all run when i go out the door because i do not resemble the Earth Mother, but are happy to be fed by her when she waljs out

Icarus

Here are some clever critters who are not to be messed with.  Honey badgers are bad ass little dudes capable of driving off a wolf or a bear.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c36UNSoJenI

Tank

I love that guy. Seen him a few times now :)