News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

animals in your life

Started by billy rubin, April 23, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Anne D.

xSilverPhinx

A moment of calm before the storm.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 08, 2020, 10:33:19 PM
A moment of calm before the storm.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

She seems pretty healthy to me. Let's hope she continues to cause havoc. That way we'll know she's okay.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on December 09, 2020, 12:46:50 AM
She seems pretty healthy to me. Let's hope she continues to cause havoc. That way we'll know she's okay.

Yes, so far the medication is doing her good, she has fewer and fewer bad days. Still a little feverish but apparently not in pain anymore. We're really optimistic.  ;D

billy rubin

our raccoons are on a later nnght shedule now that orion is high, and i don't see them.

the malepossum drops by, but disdains any hand feeding these days, turns up his nose and stalks down into the basement.

but the female comes up to my lovely wife to beg for chocolae chip cookies. she can eat three at a sitting. if my wife tries to give her apple piees instead, she searches and searches and ignores the appl. chocolate chip cookies are her thing.

yesterday i came home after dark and shut in the chickens to keep stuff from tearing thecir heads off again. in th emoring my wife o5opened it up and possum number thre was sleeping inthe nest box. i had shut him in the night before

this is a new possum who is younger than th eones we raised sbut has learned from them that we are easy marks. he didn't even wake up when my wife o5opened the door and took a picture of his butt

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

We already know that Joy is a super dog. She can even understand Portuguese.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on December 09, 2020, 02:11:26 AM
We already know that Joy is a super dog. She can even understand Portuguese.

She's getting there  ;D

I asked her where the rope was and she nudged it with her nose and barked.  :P Then I told her to take it and she did. :grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on December 09, 2020, 01:48:44 AM

our raccoons are on a later nnght shedule now that orion is high, and i don't see them.

the malepossum drops by, but disdains any hand feeding these days, turns up his nose and stalks down into the basement.

but the female comes up to my lovely wife to beg for chocolae chip cookies. she can eat three at a sitting. if my wife tries to give her apple piees instead, she searches and searches and ignores the appl. chocolate chip cookies are her thing.

yesterday i came home after dark and shut in the chickens to keep stuff from tearing thecir heads off again. in th emoring my wife o5opened it up and possum number thre was sleeping inthe nest box. i had shut him in the night before

this is a new possum who is younger than th eones we raised sbut has learned from them that we are easy marks. he didn't even wake up when my wife o5opened the door and took a picture of his butt

:lol: That's adorable!

billy rubin

the possums don't seem to be interested in the chickens, and both happily seem to coexist in the henhouse

raccoons and skunks on the other hand take great joy in tearing chicken's heads off, and we have lost quite a few to them.

but possums are mellow and happily sleep in the henhouse floor whilethe chickens roost above them.

fascinating animals. marsupials are much more interesting than placental mammals, primitive (maybe, for whatever that means) but widespread because what they do they do so well

if i lived in australasia id spend all my time messing with them

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on December 09, 2020, 11:48:52 PM
the possums don't seem to be interested in the chickens, and both happily seem to coexist in the henhouse

raccoons and skunks on the other hand take great joy in tearing chicken's heads off, and we have lost quite a few to them.

but possums are mellow and happily sleep in the henhouse floor whilethe chickens roost above them.

fascinating animals. marsupials are much more interesting than placental mammals, primitive (maybe, for whatever that means) but widespread because what they do they do so well

if i lived in australasia id spend all my time messing with them

That sounds a little 'dangerous' do the chickens not defecate on them?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

Do the 70+ million trumpanzees count?

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx