News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

animals in your life

Started by billy rubin, April 23, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on November 19, 2020, 02:27:54 AM
I love those pictures of Joy, Silver. How big will she be when she's an adult?

Probably from 15 to 20 kg. More or less a medium to large sized dog.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on November 19, 2020, 10:17:58 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on November 18, 2020, 10:33:37 PM
lol

my sister in law had a border collie

no sheep, so the dog would gather up and herd socks into a pile in her bedroom

Our first dog was part Border Collie and she would run rings around the kids if they got too far away!

:snicker:

Joy did something interesting with her ball the other day: when I threw it she ran towards it, lay down, got up and stared for a couple of seconds, stalked it and pounced when she was close. Besides the pouncing part it all looked very much like what Border Collies do when they're herding sheep. 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 19, 2020, 12:51:35 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 18, 2020, 07:23:53 PM
Joy distracted by something to the left:

She looks a lovely friend, it would be hard to find one better.
Unless you're willing to explore a relationship with more interesting species, such as a Green Tree Frog.

Heh  ;D Maybe some other time.  :P

How is the frog doing?

Icarus

How 'bout we make Joy an honorary HAF member?  It is almost a sure thing that she has an atheist philosophic position.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on November 20, 2020, 12:30:55 AM
How 'bout we make Joy an honorary HAF member?  It is almost a sure thing that she has an atheist philosophic position.

I'm sure she could have her own account. And post about her mistress :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on November 20, 2020, 08:28:17 AM

Heheh, the little girl's so smart I'm sure she'll learn how to sit at the computer and type soon enough! ;D

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 20, 2020, 08:09:04 PM

Heheh, the little girl's so smart I'm sure she'll learn how to sit at the computer and type soon enough! ;D
Look out, she'll have your job soon and the pay will be in dog biscuits!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on November 21, 2020, 01:16:05 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 20, 2020, 08:09:04 PM

Look out, she'll have your job soon and the pay will be in dog biscuits!

She'd like that! :lol:

Dark Lightning

Our Cavalier spaniel was off her feed for many weeks, and losing weight. I'd put out different food for her to pick through. I even threatened to take her to the vet and have them put thermometer in her butt.  :o She was OK eating treats, though she can't live on that. She goes ape over the dental chews, so I cut a piece about 2 cc in size into small pieces and put them in the bowl, then the kibble. Now she digs in and eats all her food!  ;D I was really starting to worry. I've never seen a dog this picky before.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 21, 2020, 04:27:50 PM
Our Cavalier spaniel was off her feed for many weeks, and losing weight. I'd put out different food for her to pick through. I even threatened to take her to the vet and have them put thermometer in her butt.  :o She was OK eating treats, though she can't live on that. She goes ape over the dental chews, so I cut a piece about 2 cc in size into small pieces and put them in the bowl, then the kibble. Now she digs in and eats all her food!  ;D I was really starting to worry. I've never seen a dog this picky before.

Dogs can be tricky little buggers at time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

I've never heard of a finicky dog. This must be a rare breed. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Icarus

Cavaliers are indeed a rare and expensive breed.  Gorgeous little dudes well suited for uppercrust owners.   If I remember correctly (maybe not) , The breed is officially identified as  Prince Charles Cavalier Spaniel

I once had a wealthy girlfriend who had a  Yorkshire Terrier. The mutts name was Truffles.  I asked Patricia ('Patti: when we were physically involved)   why she had named her dog Truffles.  She replied; "Because they are small and black and very expensive".

Dark Lightning

OK, disclaimer, here! Ours is a mutt from the animal shelter, and has these long legs that make me think that her momma got nailed by a coyote. I've never paid more than bail money for a dog from the shelter. The rest have been free. Well, except for that yappy little chee-hooa-hooa that my wife bought while I was out of town.  :???:

xSilverPhinx

Joy rejected (and still rejects to some extent) her solid puppy chow even though I've maintained the same food she was eating before. She would literally spit them out. That worried me a lot because she can't live on just rice, chicken, bread and eggs, so what I've been doing is crushing the puppy pellets and sprinkling the "dust" onto her chicken or egg meal.

The vet told me it helps to make food smellier (hence the eggs :lol: ) when a dog loses their appetite. Heating food, for instance, helps as well.

Dark Lightning

I draw the line at heating her food! :lol: One of my sons mentioned we could make our own dog food out of our people food. My wife told him that if he started doing that, he'd better be prepared to do it as long as the dogs are alive. They're spoiled enough, already.  ::)