News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

animals in your life

Started by billy rubin, April 23, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Thank you for keeping us in the loop about your bees Billy. Always fascinating and educational.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MarcusA

I am an animal - you can't fool me.
And animals don't go to heaven.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

On by the Osprey,
the peninsula leads
to the Antarctic.

MarcusA

The spirit bird hovers
above me. It sees me
as a prey.

MarcusA

The animal is conscious whether it has a conscience or not is another thing.

Icarus

The Panther is the Florida state animal. They are on the endangered species but there are still 200 to 300 of them. 

The video clip shows a young male panther invading a mature males territory. A fight ensues and the older one is getting the better of it. For an unusual ending, a wild boar appears. We have lots of wild and dangerous boars. The boar interrupts the fight and the younger panther has an opportunity to escape.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/two-florida-panthers-brawl-near-hunter-s-blind-until-an-angry-wild-boar-breaks-it-up/ar-AA1eXH6o?cvid=0b1a8df064a9483c87d0b44d150c60e3&ei=25

Icarus

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

billy rubin

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on August 17, 2023, 01:24:23 AM

My parent's-in-law used to live near a JC that was in a flyway for geese. They'd get two annual visitations to their swimming pool, geese coming and then going. Most of the geese went for the Olympic size pool(s) at the JC, but there were many other swimming pools (this being southern California) for them to get water from, as well.

Asmodean

Quote from: Icarus on August 15, 2023, 05:30:22 AMhttps://imgur.com/gallery/iFWshGT

:smilenod: Although the Assualt Unicorn is really a... Bicorn? Because he has two of them there corns..?

...Or is the lesser corn merely a... Cump? And if that be the case, unicump? :thoughtful:

Who says a Asmo can't Latin AND biologize?! ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

Tank

I have only ever seen a small example of one of these. I would love to see more.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

dammit

the coyotes have eaten my best cats

tjhis one was a kitten from last spring. lived with me down in my warehouse while all the other cats hung out on the kitchen porch up by the house.

no name, except that my son's girfriend christened him "angel" because of hios easygoing and social personality. always there at the warehouse door, every day for two years when i came home from work, and then would wander around the warehouse with me while i worked, unless he decided to lie down on the keyboard and relax.

came back last week and he wasnt there. not a good sign, i thought.

we have coyotes here all the time, and they generally pick off half a dozen or so cats every winter. but those are generally the wild ones that wander oput into thew woods and get surprised out in the open.

anyway, he wasnt back the nexts day, or the next. or in th etime since.

i dont mind losing the anti-social cats, but i like the to keep the good ones around. but i live in the country, and the coyotes have to eat too.

lost otis, my old tomcat, too. he was about ten years old, and growing increasingly eccentric in his old age. i could handle him, but he wouldnt tolerate anybody else. he was gone for several weeks, then came back to the warehouse for a single day, then disappeared, apparently for good.

im guessing its the same coyote.

billy rubin

this one was about 4 inches long. ive seen other species that were smaller.

their egg cases are easy to find in the fall, honeycomb things stuck to the fences. when i fine em i bring em home and set em up somewhere.

about the size of a shilling, if youre that old