News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

animals in your life

Started by billy rubin, April 23, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Among animals best avoided is the beastie in the video.....

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Icarus on April 29, 2023, 10:35:51 PMAmong animals best avoided is the beastie in the video.....

I had an experience with some of those a few weeks ago, the Pacific sort anyway.
I'd pulled ashore and was just getting back in kayak. I saw what looked like a broken glass bottle and frowned, can feet viscerally cringe? but it was really only plastic.  Then I saw one of those blue fellows and said fuck, then another, fk, and then another and another and another, I did a sort of fk fk fk fk fk dance, lost count of the steps.

MarcusA

I have plenty of people around me who are animals.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Dark Lightning

I took our mutt for a walk after dinner today. Earlier in the day, one of my sons noticed some ducks wandering around the neighborhood. When walking the dog, she noticed the ducks. She's a pretty smart dog and notices a lot on our walks. She kept turning back to look at these strange interlopers in our neighborhood. She's seen crows and squirrels, but doesn't give them more than cursory attention.

MarcusA

I'm an animal living my life.

billy rubin

put a gallon of syrup through the divides, just mixed up more.

i used to buy sugar to make my own syrup, in small quantities. 17 gallons in a 55 gallon barrel will take right at 400 pounds of granulated sucrose to saturate the water and fill the barrel. i would feed t nucs with a gasoline pressure pump and a 50 foot garden hose with a gun  nozzle.

later i just made a deal with a neighbor who bought syrup in bulk. he could buy it and fill my gallon cans for me cheaper than i could buy it myself. i would buy 300 or 400 gallons at a time

for the six little hives im feedong now i just pour a gallon and a half into a big stew pot on the kitchen stove, heat it up and add sugar unril it floats. that gives me 4 gallons of syrup.

feels strange to be doing this in sych little quantities. when my wife and i started out, we had one hive. finished the year with thirty something, then 130 the next year. tjird year we had 300, then we added about a hundred a year u til we werr runni g 800 hives.

lots of work, that was

set the function, not the mechanism.

MarcusA

I think that I've got hives.

billy rubin

marcus, youve said that you dont keep pets because you think its cruel.

until a moment ago, i had a cat in my lap. a pretty happy one.

what is it about keeping animals that you find cruel?

billy rubin

MarcusA

Quote from: billy rubin on May 04, 2023, 01:28:37 AMmarcus, youve said that you dont keep pets because you think its cruel.

until a moment ago, i had a cat in my lap. a pretty happy one.

what is it about keeping animals that you find cruel?

I don't know especially why I find it cruel to keep pets. I just feel rather sympathetic to the fact that animals should be allowed their freedom.

Tank

You've never shared your life with a dog have you?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

my animals are free to come and go as they choose. none are confined.

i have added i dont know how many turkeys to the local population after they abscond. the raccoons and possums all graduated to the woods.

the cats come and go.

we do have goats and a donkey behind a fence, but they dont seem to mind

Icarus

Goats are fun to watch.

Donkeys are bad asses that are not to be trifled with. According to the accounts that I have read, they can kill a bobcat or other critters that threaten them.

MarcusA

Quote from: Icarus on May 04, 2023, 09:19:03 PMGoats are fun to watch.

Donkeys are bad asses that are not to be trifled with. According to the accounts that I have read, they can kill a bobcat or other critters that threaten them.

My ass talks.

MarcusA

Baby ducks are just cute.