News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

animals in your life

Started by billy rubin, April 23, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Lemme ee if I can manage to post this Imgur clip ????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyni1VYT_hI

Icarus

I blew it once again.  That is definitely not the clip that I intended.  The clip showed a crow who was riding down a sloped roof.  The clever bird was using a jar lid for a sled.  He coasted down and at the end, he ripped the jar lid,
 went back to the top of the slope to do his snowboard thing again.

The video that the post shows, is for a whole other subject, like politics.  I apologize for my continual ineptitude.

Icarus

Here I go again with a vid that could give us pause. It is after all, about animals in or lives.

Icarus

billy rubin

tracks!

i get all kinds of tracks in the mud lane leading to my warehouse

look at ^^^this

its summer and the muddaubers are buzzing around in my kitchen and living room, making little pottery nests to stuff full of spiders and caterpillars. but they have to get the mud from someplace.

so they get it here

lots of little tiny wasp footprints, where they gather a little ball of mud to stick on the wall in my kitchen.

not just wasps. a possum came by last night too

the possums have opposable thumbs that stick out on both front and hind feet, and the hind foot looks like a little human baby

ill see if i can get some better pictures. i see em all the time
 we still have the coon on the porch every night. havent seen her babies myself

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

walked out the front door this morning

the neighbors were already up

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on July 31, 2022, 02:31:29 PMwalked out the front door this morning

billy rubin, why is that cow so...round?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on July 31, 2022, 02:31:29 PMwalked out the front door this morning

I like the arrangement of the group in the first photo. I assume you gently coaxed them into those poses to get that pleasing composition? The photos are giving me ideas for abstract paintings, provided you wouldn't object to that.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

Quote from: Magdalena on August 01, 2022, 04:18:08 AMbilly rubin, why is that cow so...round?

thats what a cow looks like from the front. they hsve a whole bunch of different stomachs in thrre busily fermenting the grass shes been eating. theyre only round like that around the middle 1/3
 but i dont have pictures of cows from above

when theyre pregnant theyre rounder than that

billy rubin

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 01, 2022, 04:49:10 AM

I like the arrangement of the group in the first photo. I assume you gently coaxed them into those poses to get that pleasing composition? The photos are giving me ideas for abstract paintings, provided you wouldn't object to that.

go for it. i dont object  and im sure all of them have forgotten me. they only got turned in there today so they have lots of other stuff to think about.

had a couple hundred geese flyover at sunset. maybe i can youtube what i saw later this same say.

billy rubin

magdalena, hers a picture i found of a cow from above. its just the middle bit thats round

Tank

Our little beauty Sally passed away. Not a dry eye in the house  :'(

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

^ Bummer! Sorry for your loss. Looks like a sweet little dog.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 02, 2022, 06:49:14 PM^ Bummer! Sorry for your loss. Looks like a sweet little dog.

She was. The postman is noticeably more relaxed.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

sorry to hear that.

losing a dog never gets easier