News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

animals in your life

Started by billy rubin, April 23, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

on solid food now

they still like the security of hanging out in something lik ea pouch. it just needs to be dark and closefitting-- sleeves, shirts, hats, hoods, whatever. show them a hidey hole, and they in it in a second or two and thgen peering back out at you in a second or two more.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

american robin, a mid-sized thrush that sings from exposed perches high up,  sounds like its on acid. open nests on ledges or branches, never very high . we have too many cts for these to survive where we live. saw this one when i fueled in the afternoon. dont thinbk ive ever seen more than  four eggs.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on May 10, 2020, 09:43:16 PM
american robin, a mid-sized thrush that sings from exposed perches high up,  sounds like its on acid. open nests on ledges or branches, never very high . we have too many cts for these to survive where we live. saw this one when i fueled in the afternoon. dont thinbk ive ever seen more than  four eggs.

Wow! Look at that!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

billy rubin

the possums are big enough now to eat scarab beetles

theyre about the age that they get left behind by momma as she makes her rounds, and nearly big enough to defend themselves against the twenty or so cats that my family tolerates.

about time to take a burlap bag or two of cats into town leave them there, in my opinion, but i have to maintain harmony with the rest of the family

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

Is the mother bird still around? I suppose she is but I didn't see her in the photographs. Life is amazing to watch.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

theyre both around somewhere. thats how i spotted the nest. one flew out when i walked by.

Dark Lightning

Years ago i put up extra blocking on the rafters for my front porch because of birds. They'd nest and crap all over, and the siblings would push some of them out, to their death. That's a bird thing. We have a bunch of birds here this year, many more than in the past, They're crapping all over the place. I've gone and put up more blocking around the video cameras I have installed to deter my neighbor from vandalizing our property, and the birds have actually tried to build nests on the camera heads. :lol: The parent birds will fly around to distract potential predators if they are near the nest. You're in the wilds, and I hope that those birds make it to flight.

I always wanted to have a cage full of waxbills or zebra finches. I love the colors, and the fluttering around is relaxing. After the birds in the neighborhood currently dive-crapped my car, I'm completely done with that idea! :lol: There must have been 50 turds on it after two weeks of being parked because of the lock down. I'm going to have new shingles put on soon, and there will be deterrents placed to keep them from crapping all over my front porch. They can go live somewhere else.

No one

Dark Lightning

One of my sons found the kitchen trash can knocked over and trash scattered. Looks like it's time to put the blocking panel on the dog door. It was probably trash pandas again. This happened once before about 15 years ago when I was out of town. No footprints this time, though. I really hope that the dogs didn't do it. Blocking the door will help determine that.

billy rubin

current possum discoveries:

extreme sports

the internet

rye whiskey

all but the whiskey were quite popular.

billy rubin

and the robins are growing fast

Randy

The nest looks like it's out of room. Do you know how old robins get before they leave the nest?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena