News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

[RESOLVED] Security-related maintenance + upcoming upgrade

Started by Asmodean Prime, April 14, 2020, 11:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean Prime

I'm currently in the process of updating and verifying forum security.

[EDIT] Victory is mine. While I still recommend backing up longer posts prior to submitting, I am no longer messing with stuff for now. Issue resolved until the upgrade.

What it means to you as the end-user is that you may experience being unexpectedly logged out when I change certain settings, so backing up long posts/replies before hitting "submit" is recommended at least for a few hours from now. Warning! Technical drivel below!

Currently, the entire forum should run on https (Secure hypertext transfer protocol) The security warning you may or may not get in your browser applies to mixed content images. I run the image proxy included with the software, but it does not seem to fix said warnings. Maybe it's just because I'm still within my old session.

Also, fixed the avatar path, enabling forum members to choose the avs from gallery. We can add/modify/download some generic nonsense if wanted and/or needed, but we'll take that discussion in tech-geek places.

I shall not use too many more calories on figuring out exactly where the current mixed content warning originates from as version 2.1 is just around the corner, and with it a force-SSL-across-the-board feature, which... Just better. If THAT still results in a warning, then back into the code I delve.

The upgrade will be performed once 2.1 is released. It's in RC2 now, so should not be too long. Expect the forum to be in maintenance mode for a time when that happens. I shall notify you closer to that date.

Asmodean Prime

[IMPORTANT UPDATE] Everyone has been reset to the default theme. That is because I was made aware of certain functionality-limiting issues that arose in the wake of my messing with security. These issues seem to be resolved for the Reseller theme, but may persist in other themes at this time. They do not seem to affect the default theme(s) at all.

If you are experiencing issues with themes, like dropdown menus not working/images not displaying/other, please post them here. Remember to tell us which theme you are using.

No one

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Asmodean

It's a "no," unfortunately. (Though currently without the Prime hat on, I try to stay strictly professional in these threads - they are not for dispensing The Gray Wisdom ;) )
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.