News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Meanings of words and understanding meaning.

Started by Mr. B, March 04, 2020, 06:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Quote from: Dark Lightning on March 06, 2020, 01:33:59 AM
...and the beer I had for breakfast tasted alright, so I had another one for dessert...

That's a line from a "song", and I don't remember the performer's or the band's name, fortunately.

It was Johnny Cash or at least the one I heard was. The line is, "And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad so I had one more for dessert." The name of the song is Sunday Morning Coming Down.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Randy on May 16, 2020, 10:13:56 PM
...and the beer I had for breakfast tasted alright, so I had another one for dessert...

That's a line from a "song", and I don't remember the performer's or the band's name, fortunately.

It was Johnny Cash or at least the one I heard was. The line is, "And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad so I had one more for dessert." The name of the song is Sunday Morning Coming Down.

Yeah, that's it! Been a long time since I heard it, I can't imagine how I garbled the lyrics.  ;)

Randy

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 17, 2020, 12:24:37 AM
Quote from: Randy on May 16, 2020, 10:13:56 PM

Yeah, that's it! Been a long time since I heard it, I can't imagine how I garbled the lyrics.  ;)

My father would only allow us kids to listen to country music. Johnny Cash became one of my favorites. It's funny, I can't remember the lyrics now but I remembered that part and was able to look up the song.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

My mom listened to country so that's what was inflicted on us kids. I can listen to some of the old stuff, but very little. My dad despised country, and would only listen to classical music- Bach, Beethoven, etc., not classic rock.  :)

Randy

My mother never gave her preference. When I lived in Germany we had a radio that was tuned to the only English speaking station within the broadcasting area. They played the pop standards of the time. She seemed to like it along with myself and my brother.

I recorded some music on a cassette recorder I got either for my birthday or Christmas. I'd put the little microphone in front of the radio and pick up the music and the ambient sounds.