News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

RIP Neil Peart

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, January 10, 2020, 10:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Best rock drummer dead at 67 from brain tumor.

No one

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 11, 2020, 01:44:00 AM
Quote from: No one on January 10, 2020, 11:22:27 PM
Best drummer, period.

No argument here.

Here either, in fact if you want to start an argument, walk into a room full of rock fans and declare that so and so is the best guitarist, or singer or whatever, but the conventional wisdom on Peart, that he is one of rock history's very best drummers is about as close to a consensus you will get from music lovers, and even musicians themselves.

Rush have been longtime favorites here in Detroit, in fact Detroit was one of the Canadian band's first US breakout markets, and the amount of outpouring right now in the city from fans of Peart and Rush is simply amazing!

I was fortunate to see them in concert three times back in the 80's. Twice here in Detroit, and once in Toronto, and I was always amazed by his performance, even more so than Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson at times, and those two are outstanding on their own, but Peart wasn't known as the "Professor" for nothing.

RIP to the great Neil Peart, sadly another hero of my youth to say goodbye to.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

RUSH is criminally underrated.

Biggus Dickus

I was going through my favorites on YouTube and came across this video of the three members of Rush have dinner together.

It's a great video, just three old friends having dinner together. Watching this I can see why they stayed together all these years.
Doesn't appear that the fame ever went to their heads.

It's cool to see Neil here.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one