News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Talk About Star Wars With All the Spoilers You Want

Started by Pasta Chick, December 19, 2015, 03:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on December 29, 2019, 10:58:38 AM
On a scale from 0 to 10, I'd give the movie a 6+. The movie wants to please the fanbase so much, that it looses track of its own identity. The first part of the movie is rather rushed in a kind of desperate attempt to repair the damages made by the Last Jedi movie. The midsection of the movie shows some action sequences and acting that are pretty good. Especially Oscar Isaac (Poe), John Boyega (Finn) and Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) have grown more into their roles. Super Rey (Daisy Ridley) remains however the flat Mary Sue character that most Star Wars fans love to hate. But, at least this time we see her training for a couple of minutes with Leia. Final section is full of CGI action sequences. None of them have the same appeal as the ones in the original series. For example, the enemy fleet just fills up the sky, doing nothing else but being "sitting ducks". Rey of course beats Palpatine and everybody is happy (as long as they don't think to much about the plot holes, inconsistencies and too many questions that still remain open).  In general the movie is, at times, a decent thrill ride, and it provides us with some satisfying moments, but it fails to tell a compelling story.

Valid points.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I just bought myself this book from Amazon:

It might arrive just in time for my birthday.  :sidesmile:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 02, 2020, 09:26:06 PM
I just bought myself this book from Amazon:

It might arrive just in time for my birthday.  :sidesmile:

It has just arrived! And way eariler than expected, too. ;D

joeactor

Recusant

I'm taking it that you did the voice talking to the droid? If so, very cool, man!   :thumbsup:

Hope you're fully recovered from the bronchitis.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Quote from: Recusant on January 22, 2020, 12:21:37 AM
I'm taking it that you did the voice talking to the droid? If so, very cool, man!   :thumbsup:

Hope you're fully recovered from the bronchitis.

Yeppers - I'm several voices on the ride!

Still hanging out with bronchitis. Might visit the doc tomorrow. Seems to be getting better, but way sloooooowwww.

Recusant

I was pretty sure I recognized your voice, but it's hard for me to be sure--you're good at what you do.  :)

As for the visit to the doc, don't mess around, if in doubt. If there's pneumonia, best get on top of it.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Quote from: Recusant on January 22, 2020, 12:35:24 AM
I was pretty sure I recognized your voice, but it's hard for me to be sure--you're good at what you do.  :)

As for the visit to the doc, don't mess around, if in doubt. If there's pneumonia, best get on top of it.

Point taken - Went to urgent care. Flonase and Antibiotics. Something's bugging me, and I'm gonna bug it back!
(thanks for the concern ;-) )

No one

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

xSilverPhinx