News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Flat Earth Belief Growing Worldwide

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, November 17, 2019, 03:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

therez nothing wrong with deciding that you were once wrong. i used to suspend belief in ways that i cannot justify anylonger. i consider it growth.

the thing about christian creationism iz that so many believers and skepticz approach the subject either attempting to reconcile it with science, or attempting to debunk it with zcience.. your school curriculum soundz like one of those.

that isnt possible. there is no biological, geological, or cosmological scientific paradigm that is consistent with a young earth starting from zero points.

but there is likewise no scientific theory that can debunk a young earth created in the likenezs of a young earth, functioning as it doez today.

when you start a clock, the handz have to point somewhere. theres no reason why they need to start out pointing at 12:00:00.00.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on June 06, 2020, 03:36:15 PM
therez nothing wrong with deciding that you were once wrong. i used to suspend belief in ways that i cannot justify anylonger. i consider it growth.

the thing about christian creationism iz that so many believers and skepticz approach the subject either attempting to reconcile it with science, or attempting to debunk it with zcience.. your school curriculum soundz like one of those.

that isnt possible. there is no biological, geological, or cosmological scientific paradigm that is consistent with a young earth starting from zero points.

but there is likewise no scientific theory that can debunk a young earth created in the likenezs of a young earth, functioning as it doez today.

when you start a clock, the handz have to point somewhere. theres no reason why they need to start out pointing at 12:00:00.00.
I think a lot of it was pressured by the devil trying to trick us off the beaten path. We didn't have text books, we had workbooks that we wrote in and did tests. Well, the main test was done at a table near the right wall of the room and we couldn't bring our workbooks as references.

The workbooks would "show" how idiotic the fossil records were for instance. Dinosaur bones were placed there by the devil I think. There was always a scripture to ground us fast in ignorance.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

there is such a thing. i once had a creationist geology book that was quite reasonable except for the young earth part. geomorphology, petrology, sedimentology, all reasonable except for the accomodations to the timeline.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Old Seer

The whole idea is like telling a clergyman where his religion is wrong. First hand experience showed me that they'll admit they are wrong on some things but they don't know about what. If they don't know what they're wrong on then how do they know what all they're right on. The Pope has to approve what they're wrong about.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.