News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

what's the last thing you bought?

Started by billy rubin, November 01, 2019, 09:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

I bought new injector nozzles for The Deutschmann.

...He likes his jewelry, the expensive-er the better, The Deutschmann does. Prolly a poofta. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

Quote from: Asmodean on June 05, 2023, 08:14:26 AMI bought new injector nozzles for The Deutschmann.

...He likes his jewelry, the expensive-er the better, The Deutschmann does. Prolly a poofta. :smilenod:

I wear no jewellery or a single tattoo.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Asmodean

I have a tattoo. It's a horned skull. His name is Freddy and he is evil. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

I am a schizophrenic. If I got a tattoo, I'd just hate it the next day. That's how much I swap and change my mind.

Tank

Just got an electric multi-function pressure cooker. First try a chunky sweet potato and lentil soup which I have made a few time before. It worked perfectly. 15 minute warm up and 10 minute cook. One interesting side effect of the sealed system is that the house isn't filled with the smell of cooking.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

as long as it isnt burnt fish oil, i dont mind the smell of cooking food

one of the great things about indian cantons is the smell

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on June 08, 2023, 07:39:19 PMOne interesting side effect of the sealed system is that the house isn't filled with the smell of cooking.
:thoughtful: Oh, that is interesting. Never considered ye-olde pressure cooker from that angle. Maybe use it a bit more meself, what with having a comparatively-tiny appartment, which ends up "perpetually" smelling like breakfast, lunch and dinner.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on June 09, 2023, 07:47:30 AM
Quote from: Tank on June 08, 2023, 07:39:19 PMOne interesting side effect of the sealed system is that the house isn't filled with the smell of cooking.
:thoughtful: Oh, that is interesting. Never considered ye-olde pressure cooker from that angle. Maybe use it a bit more meself, what with having a comparatively-tiny appartment, which ends up "perpetually" smelling like breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The smell does get out, but only when you depressurise the cooker at the end of the cycle. But it isn't so pervasive for a long time.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

MarcusA

I bought a grease burger and fries.

Asmodean

Not bought as such yet, but I'm considering building meself-self a new PC.

Do I need one though? My PC is capable of rendering some 3D models and running my entire games library and it has all sorts of lights and sparkly bits...

[Gollum]But we wants it. Wants it, precious! Asmo! Asmo![/Gollum]
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

I bought a shitload of bad luck once. It served me well.

No one

2 new dumafletchers and a gazintah.

MarcusA

Quote from: No one on June 17, 2023, 02:43:54 AM2 new dumafletchers and a gazintah.

What's a dumafletcher and a gazintah? I will probably regret asking, but nonetheless nonsense is not without truth.

MarcusA

I've bought into more bullshit than I care to admit.

Tank

A tin of Jack fruit to see what it tastes like. I have yet to try it. Ant advice on preparation?