News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

what's the last thing you bought?

Started by billy rubin, November 01, 2019, 09:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 24, 2019, 08:23:42 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 24, 2019, 07:14:27 PM
Better than lettuce!

Oh yeah. I've never seen anybody enthusiastically lick their fingers after eating a Caeser's Salad.

I would if I didn't use a knife and fork.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on December 25, 2019, 09:26:41 AM
Better than lettuce!

Oh yeah. I've never seen anybody enthusiastically lick their fingers after eating a Caeser's Salad.

Ha!  ;D

It's true, a Caesar's Salad is meant to be stabbed with kitchen utensils.  :sidesmile: 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 25, 2019, 11:21:41 AM
Quote from: Tank on December 25, 2019, 09:26:41 AM
Better than lettuce!

Ha!  ;D

It's true, a Caesar's Salad is meant to be stabbed with kitchen utensils.  :sidesmile:

That would be called harvesting. :smilenod:

I bought my wife an xmas ornament. I was going to have it wrapped there at the mall kiosk, but those people were off somewhere in the back of the building instead off the counter, I guess. It just occurred to me- I could've pillaged the stuff sitting around on the  counter!  ::)

xSilverPhinx

The last thing I and my siblings bought was a Samsung smartwatch for my mother.

She seemed to be genuinely surprised when she unwrapped the present, and went on about how we didn't need to have bought it for her, how much did it cost etc, etc...

'Mom, I saw how you were eyeing that thing the last 8 times we went to the shopping mall!'

She was totally enamored.

'Yes I love the watch but you didn't need to!' she said as she tried it on and admired her wrist.

:yes!:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

I just bought a wool/cashmere Burberry coat secondhand. Price was a bit steeper than what I normally spend, but it was gorgeous and so soft and warm.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

well, i lost my pocket knife. or one of the kids got it, along with the one i lost before. i used to buy expensive pocket knives and try to keep them. now i buy cheap ones and just get another when i lose it or break it. this chinese gerber is 20 bucks, and is sturdy enough to work for me most days. second one i've owned. the first one has been sharpened down to a toothpick

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

No one

Hummus makin's.
Chicken Shawarma makin's.

Anne D.

Quote from: Buddy on December 26, 2019, 08:26:26 PM
I just bought a wool/cashmere Burberry coat secondhand. Price was a bit steeper than what I normally spend, but it was gorgeous and so soft and warm.

This sounds lovely.

Buddy

Between a gift card, sale, and credit card rewards I scored a 140 dollar Dr Martens boots for 50.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

No one

An official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200-shot, range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.

Siz

Quote from: No one on January 05, 2020, 08:39:00 PM
An official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200-shot, range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.
A bit:

But mostly:

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

billy rubin

today, i just bought something for $19.20 from SF PARTY CENTE, according to my bank statement.

although i drove a truck all day and only used my card to buy coffee, twice.

tomorrow i'm gong to call my bank and see if they can explain how i did that.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

No one