News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Cryptozoology

Started by Buddy, October 29, 2019, 05:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on May 06, 2023, 08:49:25 PMyes. but salamanders and newts and efts and such are generally delicate things, often beautifully colored and patterned.

the hellbenders are gian t things that look more like a huge slimy booger than anything else. theyre in my local watershed. captina creek

used to be poisoned by runoff from the coal mines, but has recovered mostly. the hellbenders are not common, but thats where they live, and if you want to look you will find them

Are the hellbenders poisonous like newts? It takes ingesting them to die from the poison, so maybe handling isn't an issue?

billy rubin

amphibians are highly vulnerable to chemical pollution. selenium runoff in californias central valley is a famous example.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Quote from: billy rubin on May 06, 2023, 08:49:25 PMyes. but salamanders and newts and efts and such are generally delicate things, often beautifully colored and patterned.

the hellbenders are gian t things that look more like a huge slimy booger than anything else. theyre in my local watershed. captina creek

used to be poisoned by runoff from the coal mines, but has recovered mostly. the hellbenders are not common, but thats where they live, and if you want to look you will find them

That place is beautiful Billy. I could sit there for a while and be soothed by the tranquility. Hellbenders be damned.

Bluenose

We don't have anything like that scary looking thing, but we do have cute little corroboree frogs

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

Feckin' OZ. Even the poison frogs are endangered! :lol:

J/K; the biosphere is shrinking in not-good ways.

Bluenose

There are some so far successful effort to breed these guys in captivity.  I understand that recently, a number of them were released into the wild in areas that have been protected from exotic predators (i.e. cats and foxes)
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

MarcusA

The gnomes in their mines
study their gems - rainbows.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.