News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Cryptozoology

Started by Buddy, October 29, 2019, 05:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Anybody else fascinated by the concept of cryptids? I love reading about stuff like the mothman or chupacabra.

What's your favorite?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

My favourites would have to be monsters that dwell in the water, such as the Loch Ness Monster or the Krakken. The deep ocean is so mysterious that it feels like there's always a possibility such strange creatures actually exist. ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Dragons, Scylla, Hydra. 

billy rubin

where i live we have cryptobranchus, real ones.

creatures from way off the beaten path:

these are cooler than shit

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

MarcusA

I like unicorns. Unicorns fart rainbows.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

Yowies are real, naked white apemen.

Dark Lightning

I'm digging your toenail polish, Billy. :D

billy rubin

thats not me

might be my daughter?

not the slipprry one

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

What the hell is that thing billy.  Is it some sort of lizard, amphibian, worm from the fourth ring of Hades?

Tank

I can't see the pictures Billy
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

OK I looked up the description of that creature.

He/she/it is called by several vernacular names. The names are Hellbender, snot otter, mud cat, devil dog, Alleghany Alligator, and so forth. It is a large salamander that can grow to two and a half feet long. The one in the picture may be a young one.

Those are strange looking aquatic creatures, part of God's will I presume.

billy rubin

yes

cryptobranchus alligheniensis

where i live is one of the best habitats for em. giant things.

the ones in china are much bigger

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

yes. but salamanders and newts and efts and such are generally delicate things, often beautifully colored and patterned.

the hellbenders are gian t things that look more like a huge slimy booger than anything else. theyre in my local watershed. captina creek

used to be poisoned by runoff from the coal mines, but has recovered mostly. the hellbenders are not common, but thats where they live, and if you want to look you will find them

MarcusA

Salamanders are said to be invulnerable to fire, what's a bit of pollution?