News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Tattoos

Started by xSilverPhinx, May 26, 2019, 03:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siz

Quote from: Davin on December 06, 2019, 02:31:38 PM
So I've been thinking about my next tattoo and leaning towards a cyberpunk Cthulhu on my left shoulder and down my arm.

That's a cool idea. But if you go for that, how would you go about finding a design?
Is that something you could do yourself? Find an image online? Or sit down with the artist?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 07, 2019, 01:53:45 PM
So I've been thinking about my next tattoo and leaning towards a cyberpunk Cthulhu on my left shoulder and down my arm.

That sounds interesting, black and white?
I'm thinking so, but until I talk to the artist nothing is set. Also, I need to find one whose work is something I want to have for it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Quote from: Siz on December 07, 2019, 02:35:11 PM

That's a cool idea. But if you go for that, how would you go about finding a design?
Is that something you could do yourself? Find an image online? Or sit down with the artist?

For tattoos, if it's not a very specific image, I think it's important to find an artist that has a style that you want for the tattoo, and rely on them to draw it up in their style. So when I find an artist that has a style that I like for this, I'll probably bring in some sample images and talk to them. Then they'll draw up a sketch and we'll make changes if needed.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Siz

Quote from: Davin on December 09, 2019, 03:22:53 PM
Quote from: Siz on December 07, 2019, 02:35:11 PM

For tattoos, if it's not a very specific image, I think it's important to find an artist that has a style that you want for the tattoo, and rely on them to draw it up in their style. So when I find an artist that has a style that I like for this, I'll probably bring in some sample images and talk to them. Then they'll draw up a sketch and we'll make changes if needed.
Sounds sensible to me. Keep us posted.

I think it's a shame when people grab something off-the-shelf or scabbed from online and have a practitioner slap it on. It's gotta be unique and personal. IMHO.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Buddy

Quote from: Siz on December 09, 2019, 03:27:11 PM

Sounds sensible to me. Keep us posted.

I think it's a shame when people grab something off-the-shelf or scabbed from online and have a practitioner slap it on. It's gotta be unique and personal. IMHO.

I used the internet to get an idea of what I wanted for my tattoo. I gave my artist the pictures I liked and what I had in mind, then she did a few designs and I picked the one I liked most.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Davin

I don't know, I also want the symbol for Samus from Super Metroid, and there isn't much to do about that than just grab it from the internet.

So for me, I think it depends on the context of the image.