News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

just testing

Started by Red_Cloud, September 25, 2019, 03:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red_Cloud

Aha!!! . . . it works. Now i will now try something else.

http://portraitsofalpineplants.com/index.htm

Red_Cloud

Wow that works also.  ::)

Ihis should perhaps be in the Hobbys section. if there is modarator around would you please delete these posts, and i will do it propely in the Hobbys section.

hermes2015

Are you a photographer? There are a few keen amateurs here.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Red_Cloud

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 25, 2019, 04:03:14 PM
Yes, i am a a photographer hermes. Now I know this works i will post in the Hobbies section. ;D

hermes2015

Quote from: Red_Cloud on September 25, 2019, 04:16:19 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on September 25, 2019, 04:03:14 PM
Yes, i am a a photographer hermes. Now I know this works i will post in the Hobbies section. ;D

We also have two other photography threads and, from time to time, a challenge or competition.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Red_Cloud

Just testing again

Megan and Nuno ;D

Recusant

Quote from: Red_Cloud on September 25, 2019, 03:25:44 PM
http://portraitsofalpineplants.com/Portraits%20of%20Alpine%20Plants/Mimulus%20naiandinus..jpg

Hmm, let's see if the image tags work with that.

Yes, they do. To use them, simply put the URL of your image (usually ends with .jpg or .png, or perhaps some other image format) inside image tags like so:

[img]image URL here[/img]

It's possible that your browser's cache will display the image in a post even though you didn't use the tags, but all the rest of the internet sees is the URL.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Red_Cloud

Quote from: Recusant on October 01, 2019, 01:49:12 PM
Hmm, let's see if the image tags work with that.

Yes, they do. To use them, simply put the URL of your image (usually ends with .jpg or .png, or perhaps some other image format) inside image tags like so:

[img]image URL here[/img]

It's possible that your browser's cache will display the image in a post even though you didn't use the tags, but all the rest of the internet sees is the URL.

Yes Recusant, I've got it now. . . Thanks. ;D
Quite a few years ago I created the three websites and I also had a very popular forum.
But over these past 4 or 5 years I'm forgetting many things I used to remember with ease. I'm forgetting friend names who I have know for many years. I will meet someone on the shopping precinct. I will recognise his face, I went to school with him!
He will greet my by name, but I'm dammed if I can remember his. Its so embarrassing and frustrating :'(

Icarus

Those two look like Brittany Spaniels RC.

Red_Cloud

Quote from: Icarus on October 02, 2019, 01:35:18 AM
Those two look like Brittany Spaniels RC.

Megan, at the back, is a Welsh Springer Spaniel. She is 2 and a half years old.
Nuno, at the front is my eldest daughters Cocker Spaniel. He is 9 months old. . . Woof! Woof!

Icarus

I m pleased to learn that we have another "Dog Guy" in our midst.  Observe that I capitalized the description as is proper for legitimate dog people.

Red_Cloud

:) :) :) :) :) :)
Five photos of our beautiful Kai, out first Welsh Springer Spaniel. Born:- 27th. Nov. 2001, and sadly passed away on 25th. Feb. 2017. My wife, two daughters and I will always cherish his time with us. We loved him more than relatives, friends, and anyone else on earth.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Red_Cloud on October 13, 2019, 07:28:16 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :)
Five photos of our beautiful Kai, out first Welsh Springer Spaniel. Born:- 27th. Nov. 2001, and sadly passed away on 25th. Feb. 2017. My wife, two daughters and I will always cherish his time with us. We loved him more than relatives, friends, and anyone else on earth.

The links aren't working.  :(

It's possible they are not valid image links. A tip: right-click on the image, then click on 'Copy Image Location' and paste that url. It should work fine then.  :thumbsup:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Red_Cloud

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 13, 2019, 07:46:55 PM

The links aren't working.  :(

It's possible they are not valid image links. A tip: right-click on the image, then click on 'Copy Image Location' and paste that url. It should work fine then.  :thumbsup:

WOW! & WOW! SP. . .Thats just GREAT! Many thanks, you are a diamond! :frolic: :hug: