News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

End-of-year maintenance

Started by Asmodean, December 20, 2018, 10:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

I will do some larger-scale maintenance on the site in the last week of December. I do not expect any significant downtime, and will announce both here and on Facebook if it becomes necessary, but if you see a call to copy your posts to clipboard before clicking "submit" in the next week-and-a-half, do please heed it.

ToDos:
-routine database backup and maintenance (table optimization, various recounts, reindex, etc)
-an attempt to improve database connection stability (solve the problem of very short, <1 second, drops in service throughout the day. I'm not certain that I can, but I will try)
-scheduled software updates (among them, some manual updates to files affected by mods)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

All praise Asmo!
(glad you're here ;-) )

Icarus

No shit Asmo. There are many of us who sincerely appreciate your IT wizardry and the work that you have done to keep HAF afloat.    :not worthy:

hermes2015

Thanks, Asmo, it is much appreciated.
:bravo:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames