News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

If you had a time machine that could travel into the past, what era would you vi

Started by Curt, February 14, 2019, 06:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Feathery dinosaurs. I would like to see a small feathery dinosaur.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

Tank

Quote from: No one on July 24, 2020, 01:06:54 PM
Couldn't you just look in the mirror?

I could and do. But to date I have yet to see something small and feathery. Small and furry yes. I hope that cunjeured a suitable image :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Time machine? discover some mysteries of the ancient world such as this one.  This is one of the worlds most important bits of history.   Would we have invented the decimal system and its enormous influence without the Arabs? Is this a good subject for pondering or arguing?

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20201204-lost-islamic-library-maths?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Fibonacci was apparently a brilliant Italian dude that liked numbers.  Fibonacci numbers are simple enough but have enormous application in nature and otherwise. Mathematic progressions of the most interesting kind.  1 x2 =2 and 2 x3 = 6 and 6 x4 =24  and 24 x 5 =120  and so on............ The numbers get rally big.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Icarus on December 09, 2020, 04:39:30 AM
Time machine? discover some mysteries of the ancient world such as this one.  This is one of the worlds most important bits of history.   Would we have invented the decimal system and its enormous influence without the Arabs? Is this a good subject for pondering or arguing?

If it wasn't ten it'd be twelve, or maybe sixteen would be more modern.
0 is useful, and double entry bookkeeping.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.